Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lipstick

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Riverside, California
Just got done placing an order, order status now says it has some authorization problem. Is it because my billing address and card name were not the same at checkout? :confused: Thanks for any input.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Yes sometimes they will call you to verify that your information is correct and the credit card phone number you enter is indeed yours.

Nasty Roo

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
WA
Just got done placing an order, order status now says it has some authorization problem. Is it because my billing address and card name were not the same at checkout? :confused: Thanks for any input.

This has happened to me before as well, though not through Apple. If I remember correctly, they'll just verify you're the actual car holder through an email.

pinoyplaya

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2009
Yea. I currently live in a different address from my credit card billing address for three months for the summer and I just filed my rebate form, it said my rebate form will be sent to the billing address, not the address where the item was shipped to.

And if I used my home address as the billing address, then I would have to have to do a verification because its not my credit card address.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Sometimes the credit card people will get upset about this. When you ship something to anything but your billing address, it's a good idea to call the credit card people first and explain the situation and they will put the ship to address on the account and allow you to do that for 6 months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.