Billing infos - makes me sick

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ufkdo, Jan 13, 2011.

1. ufkdo macrumors 6502

Hi all,

This will make me sick if I cannot solve, please help me. My situation:

I want to add my card info to buy some apps, but I cannot. I have a bank card (not a credit card), first I tried to add that card but it did not accepted (this was my fault since it was not opened to internet purchase).

So, I created a virtual card (which is far more safe to use for internet purchases), which is absolutely open for internet purchases. But when I add this card's info, Apple says (Mac App store and iTunes both did same thing) "your payment method was declined". Why? It is master-card and I'm so sure I chose correctly.

BTW, I'm from Turkey and trying to register for Turkish store.

Thanks,
    Regards.

2. Restinbeast macrumors member

You have to call the support # for the card in question.

If Apple is rejecting it, it is most likely because the card is telling them something is wrong. You sound like you are not experienced with credit cards so you should know that it is quite common for there to be simple problems with transactions. Sometimes when you have a new card, or travel out of town, try to buy something on the internet, etc the credit card company shuts down your first attempted purchase until you verify some security questions with them.

Once you speak to them there is a good chance that the card will start working with Apple.

Goodluck

3. ufkdo thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, unfortunately I'm not experienced with cards :(

I have many accounts on my bank, I created this last one for virtual card via the internet. I will call the bank tomorrow and I hope this issue will be solved since there are some apps I definitely wanna buy soon :)

Thanks for your help.

4. ufkdo thread starter macrumors 6502

I solve the issue, now i can enjoy App store :)
    Thanks everyone.