Billing Question . . .

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tb2me, Dec 9, 2007.

1. tb2me macrumors member

Hey, ya'll. I'm in the good old USA and am getting an iPhone for XMas. A few questions -

I remember when they first came out all the drama over the gigantic bills. Has that issue been remedied? I seem to recall that the bills included every single website visited on the iPhone, as well as full text of text messages sent and received. Is this still the case / is there any way to opt-out of this? My father will be receiving the bill and I'd rather he not see every site I surf to and every text I send. :)

2. chriswheat macrumors regular

No - there is no detail of which website you went to, or what you texted. However you can get detail of each time a text is sent or a website is visited. The bills have been changed to be a summary by default instead of a detailed bill. At no time has it listed the full text or web address.

It always will be possible to get online and get the detailed bill even if you're receiving the summary bill in the mail. But you'll still never see text messages or web addresses. You can see who you texted and called, but never the contents.

3. tb2me thread starter macrumors member

Brilliant, thanks a lot. Now I can go on arranging my coke and hookers without fear of any negative consequences.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LMFAO the moment I read about the issue with text messages being detailed on the bill my heart dropped! I've said some rather interesting things over text messages, I can only imagine AT&T employees getting some great jollies off what I've said. :eek:

5. silbeej macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the bill you get in the mail is just how much you used, and how much you owe. Then online you can get an overview of who you called, when you called them and for how long you talked. Some deal with data, how much you used, and when you used it.