BillMeLater Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Andrew D., May 1, 2007.

1. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

So I'm gearing up to purchase my MacBook soon, just waiting for my next paycheck. I was just fooling around, double checking pricing and shipping for the MacBook when I noticed the BillMeLater option.

I was just wondering how does it exactly work? Do they just send the package with the bill? Do I have to pay the full price once I receive the bill? Would this be a good idea to do?

If this way is recommended I might just pull the trigger and order my MacBook real soon. Sorry for my newbiness once again, thanks everyone! Cheers!

2. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I'd like to know this myself. :) Good question. :D

I was originally hoping to check out the Juniper card but I hear they're a terrible company. Any thoughts on either the Juniper card or BillMeLater, anybody?

3. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes please, zero2dash and I are very curious so anybody please chime in! I was actually debating using Juniper or this BillMeLater option as well. Thanks again all!

4. andrewsfish macrumors newbie

I have used Bill Me Later

I built a PC using components from NewEgg and used Bill Me Later. I was offered a no interest option which I took. Since I paid off the total before my interest free period expired I don't think I paid any extra. If you don't have the money right now, need the computer now and have a 3-6 month interest free time period, it might be worth doing.
    Good luck.
    Just remember credit is a tricky thing.

5. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

How long was the interest free period for you? Does it depend on where and what you purchase? Does anyone know?

(hello another Andrew by the way)

6. nnick macrumors regular

nnick

We offered BML at a company I used to work for. It is like a credit card with 25% to 30% interest if you do not pay it off when you get the first bill.

Not good if you are looking to take a few months or more to pay.

7. andrewsfish macrumors newbie

I had a 6 month Bill me later cycle

I had a no interest offer from NewEgg and Bill Me Later for 6 months... it all depends on what they have set up with the company you are purchasing from. I'm not sure which Apple retailers do business with them, but I guess they could all be different offers. Just be sure to read the fine print of any deal you find.

(hello back... screen name is short for andrewsfishermen = Andrew the fisher of men, which is a Biblical reference to the first disciple)

8. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

I searched all over Apple to find any "fine print" of their BillMeLater terms but none to clearly state it.. Has anyone personally used BillMeLater with Apple? So confusing, oh well I guess it won't be an option for me anymore..

(yeah, actually that's what I first thought it mean't.. first of the Disciples, the fisher of men or apostles at that)

9. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

I believe Apple has a new thing Called A PHONE!!!

Howw Bout CALLING APPLE AND ASKING THEM, Christ it's an 800 number, & Thats what Reps get paid to do.

10. uNext macrumors 6502

i was in the same boat as you guys....

So opted for the apple creidt card....
    I get free 25 gift itunes certificate cards + the abiloity to either pay in full or take advatage of the low monthly payments...

I am just waiting for new displays and new macbook pros
    then my current 17" cd2 will go on sale for cheap....

One thing that bill me later option is only good if you pay it in full before the 90 days if not they will get you with a high INTEREST RATE.

11. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

Is that the payment free period.. 90 days?