Bindings & User Defaults?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ArtOfWarfare, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ArtOfWarfare, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Well, I just learned about the Bindings tab in Xcode. Kind of amazed I've never noticed it before. A lot of time writing noodley code could have been saved.

In any event, I'd like to store some bound values in standard user defaults. I can imagine ways of writing code to do it, but I feel like there has to be something easier I can do using just the interface builder portion of Xcode.

I see that there's an object called the "Shared User Defaults Controller" (and in fact, it's already in my Objects list without me having added it... I suspect it was automatically added when I set my first binding.) Clicking on it and going over to the Bindings tab I see... nothing. Literally nothing. It neither says "Not Applicable" like many other tabs nor lists options for what I can bind with it. So... how do I bind the state of an on-off switch to the user defaults (graphically - without code)?

Oh, and this on-off switch is already bound with an @property. I'd like the property to also be bound with the user defaults.

Edit: Okay... I see that I can choose to bind to the "Shared User Defaults" controller... but then how do I bind both / either of them to the @property at the same time?

2X Edit: And now I know why I've never seen this option before... I only just started programming in Cocoa, which is where the option is... it's not actually in Cocoa touch. I suppose this thread aught to be moved over to the general programming area, given it doesn't apply to iOS very well.

2. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper