Bing: always personalized

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by kevs1, Apr 3, 2017.

1. kevs1 macrumors regular

Like most I mostly use Google, but I have a question about Bing.

Every search, it says at the bottom my results are personalized.

I had once this issue with Google, and I chose don't personalize, or even better with Google now you have to log in. So I don't log in.

With Bing, no matter what I do, I go in circles, and it always says "results personalized" at the bottom. And I'm never logged in. And I think I choose not to personalize, but maybe I can't find the save button? Lost. I don't know. lost. Thanks.

And today on iphone, I saw slider to turn off personalization, but it would not work, would not slide off.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

When I click on "Learn More" it takes me to a page that explains search history. Nothing there about opting out.

I assume the personalization is based on your search history, location and who knows what else.

You can probably beat it by using a "Private Window" in the Opera browser with the built-in VPN "On".

4. kevs1 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. I am using private window and that has no effect.

Reality is, that for this specific project, I cannot use a VPN or Tor, etc, this project requires to use search engines in their native space, without going beyond a private window, and with search history off. So I'm stuck.

It's just nutty that there is no intuitive way to get it off.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Yes clear your cookies then try!

6. kevs1 thread starter macrumors regular

Clearing cookies does not help. Played around with that, and finally still personalized. Are you testing this? Curious if anyone can conquer this.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn