bing.com cashback questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by admanimal, Jul 23, 2009.

1. admanimal macrumors 68040

I'm looking to pick up a Mac Pro soon, and have been looking into how the bing.com cashback program works. There are a couple things that aren't clear to me from anything that I've read though, so I'm hoping someone with more experience can clear it up for me.

I know that the single purchase cashback limit on ebay BIN purchases is $200...is that also the limit for purchases in other stores, or do you only have to worry about the $2,500 total limit in that case?

My other question is: in order to get the cashback on an item from a regular store (not ebay), do I have to find the exact item via the bing.com cashback search page, or can I just use the link to a store in the bing.com shopping section and then get the cashback on any item I buy?

2. a4cab03 macrumors newbie

The $200 limit is for Ebay BIN purchase only. The $2500 total limit is per calendar year.
    Just use the link to the store in the bing.com shopping section and get cashback on any item you buy from that store.
    I sometime combine bing.com cashback with ebates.com cashback as well.
    That's how I bought my MBP 13 on Ebay (from an authorized dealer).

I heard that Bing cashback will be doubled (up to 50%) starting 8/10 for a few weeks ;).

3. admanimal thread starter macrumors 68040

I heard that too and was super excited at the prospect of getting 16% back on a ~$2500 or so Mac Pro from ebay, until I read the part about the $200 max. Hopefully some place that normally has 5% back will have what I'm looking for in stock when they double it.

4. Itacious macrumors newbie

Avast, if only the iMac I'm planning on getting doesn't have to be custom ordered. :mad:
    I could sure use some rebates.

5. a4cab03 macrumors newbie

Ebay sometime sends you a Paypal coupon (anywhere between 8% and 10% I believe) that you can use in addition of the bing cashback. I was lucky to get one of those. I have 2 Ebay accounts and I got the paypal coupon on the ebay account that I don't use much.

Here's how I got my MBP 13 for $950:

Purchase price: $1200
    - 8% bing cashback
    - 8% ebay paypal coupon
    - 2% Ebay bucks
    - 3% ebates.com cashback

All the discounts above were off the purchase price. In total I got 21% off of the purchase price.

If I had bought a $2500 mac, I could have got $425 back:
    - 8% bing cashback ($200 - bing limit on ebay purchase)
    - 8% ebay paypal coupon ($100 - Paypal limit on the coupon)
    - 2% Ebay bucks ($50)
    - 3% ebates.com cashback ($75)

6. imachack macrumors newbie

hey man do you still have the 8% paypal code that you used? im looking at buying a mbp myself

7. imachack macrumors newbie

do you still have the 8% coupon?

8. shellyagal macrumors newbie

I am a regular online frugal shopper and mostly use cash back portals like Bing, ShopAtHome, AAfter Search and Ebates.