Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpbeck76

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
First phone ivs had that has TouchID. Which cydia tweak is better?

Thanks in advance. - j

jpc0480

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
Amsterdam
First phone ivs had that has TouchID. Which cydia tweak is better?

Thanks in advance. - j

I use BioProtect. Works well and I have not had any issues. I use it to protect my jailbreak folder so that no one can pick up my phone and start playing around to eff things up.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
are either of these free apps?

It's $2.99 in cydia. A great tweak imho. The thing I love about it is that I get to lock my photos from the actual photo app itself, and it locks it through the camera as well. Previous tweaks just allowed you to open photos from the camera.

saldawop

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2007
I don't know, but looked at a few tweaks,and couldn't purchase any.All said that they were incompatible with my device.
BioProtect
BioLockdown
exKey

kwando

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
I don't know, but looked at a few tweaks,and couldn't purchase any.All said that they were incompatible with my device.
BioProtect
BioLockdown
exKey

Read the big red txt when cydia first opens. If you haven't previously purchased any of the apps, you will not be able to get them. They haven't turned on any of the purchasing features on cydia yet.

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Raleigh NC
Read the big red txt when cydia first opens. If you haven't previously purchased any of the apps, you will not be able to get them. They haven't turned on any of the purchasing features on cydia yet.

Am I the only one who sees this as a bit of favoritism? I feel this punishes the developers who already have their apps ready for iOS 8 and these "core platform packages" that aren't so they're locking down purchasing apps all together.

sal23

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
Am I the only one who sees this as a bit of favoritism? I feel this punishes the developers who already have their apps ready for iOS 8 and these "core platform packages" that aren't so they're locking down purchasing apps all together.

its only because they want to make sure a majority of these paid apps/tweaks have all the issues worked out before people start paying for them.

just imagine all the people paying for stuff, then they are all buggy and want their money back.

cydia is doing it for both themselves and the developers (of course it sucks for the developers who already worked out the kinks)

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
BioLockdown Vs. BioProtect

I'm guessing it's because Saurik doesn't want to deal with the mass amount of refunds requested when a package is purchased and doesn't work on iOS 8.1 yet.

*beat me by 30 seconds. :p

sal23

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
I'm guessing it's because Saurik doesn't want to deal with the mass amount of refunds requested when a package is purchased and doesn't work on iOS 8.1 yet.

*beat me by 30 seconds. :p

lol great minds think alike

but are both of these apps paid for? which is better?

jack1011

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2014
lol great minds think alike

but are both of these apps paid for? which is better?

Both are paid tweaks. I've used both and I think Bioprotect is better, and I believe it is cheaper as well. If you are looking for a free alternative, check out AppScan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.