iPhone BioLockdown Vs. BioProtect

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jpbeck76, Nov 2, 2014.

1. jpbeck76 macrumors member

jpbeck76

First phone ivs had that has TouchID. Which cydia tweak is better?

Thanks in advance. - j

2. jpc0480 macrumors newbie

I use BioProtect. Works well and I have not had any issues. I use it to protect my jailbreak folder so that no one can pick up my phone and start playing around to eff things up.

3. sal23 macrumors member

sal23

4. solo118 macrumors 65816

It's $2.99 in cydia. A great tweak imho. The thing I love about it is that I get to lock my photos from the actual photo app itself, and it locks it through the camera as well. Previous tweaks just allowed you to open photos from the camera.

5. saldawop macrumors regular

Are none of these tweaks available for the 6+ ?

6. solo118 macrumors 65816

It works with my ip6, why would it not work with the +

7. saldawop macrumors regular

I don't know, but looked at a few tweaks,and couldn't purchase any.All said that they were incompatible with my device.
    BioProtect
    BioLockdown
    exKey

8. kwando macrumors member

Read the big red txt when cydia first opens. If you haven't previously purchased any of the apps, you will not be able to get them. They haven't turned on any of the purchasing features on cydia yet.

9. MacTCE macrumors 6502

Am I the only one who sees this as a bit of favoritism? I feel this punishes the developers who already have their apps ready for iOS 8 and these "core platform packages" that aren't so they're locking down purchasing apps all together.

10. sal23 macrumors member

sal23

its only because they want to make sure a majority of these paid apps/tweaks have all the issues worked out before people start paying for them.

just imagine all the people paying for stuff, then they are all buggy and want their money back.

cydia is doing it for both themselves and the developers (of course it sucks for the developers who already worked out the kinks)

11. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

BioLockdown Vs. BioProtect

I'm guessing it's because Saurik doesn't want to deal with the mass amount of refunds requested when a package is purchased and doesn't work on iOS 8.1 yet.

*beat me by 30 seconds. :p

12. sal23 macrumors member

sal23

lol great minds think alike

but are both of these apps paid for? which is better?

13. jack1011 macrumors member

Both are paid tweaks. I've used both and I think Bioprotect is better, and I believe it is cheaper as well. If you are looking for a free alternative, check out AppScan.