Biology/chemistry LEARNING software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ronmaverick88, Jan 12, 2009.

1. ronmaverick88 macrumors member

Hello i am looking for chemistry or biology software that will help me learn the subjects from scratch. I am just getting started in the subjects. I remember back in elementary school apple had tons of great software selections. It seems hard to find huge libraries of "learning" software like that now days. I've tried google and the apple website but all i could find were pictures or physics graph calculators and stuff like that.. I'm looking for something interactive and won't be too complex to someone just learning the subjects. I don't care if it is "kiddie" software as long as it works. Can someone please help me? I'm looking to be a biochemist. thanks.

2. ronmaverick88 thread starter macrumors member

3. ronmaverick88 thread starter macrumors member

4. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

ya i wouldn't mind knowing this either,
    ive taken calc and physics but never touched chem or bio, and thats what im taking next year.

5. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Ok, I am a biology major so I guess I will give you some input...

You don't learn biology and chemistry from software. You master these subjects from reading textbooks. Often times there will be a CD that accompanies the textbook which has interactive learning software.

If you really want to be a biochemist as you say, just buy the textbooks that your professor recommends for the course.

I wish I had a magic piece of software that I could tell you about, but the bottom line is, nothing comes easy in science.

Best of luck to you in your studies. Biochemistry is an amazing field and you will learn a great deal about how we function at the chemical level.

6. ronmaverick88 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your input! I did not know that. Can you advise any good books? I just want to get a feel what it's really like because I'm already interested.