Biometric security/logging system for Mac? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mgpg89, Jun 7, 2009.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

In our business, we use a biometric logging system / fingerprint scanner to see when employees arrive and leave, how often someone takes a break, etc ...

The devices and the software we use are custom made by a local company, but the problem is ... the software is terrible. It doesn't play nice with Windows, and it doesn't play with Mac at all... and now we're looking for a replacement system (both hardware and software)

So, we'd like to know if there are any available alternatives for the Mac OS?

Thanks in advance

2. Henri Gaudier macrumors 6502a

Henri Gaudier

This kind of surveillance of people stinks. Your politics stink and I for one wont help you.:mad:

3. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I agree that they stink but than again if it was your money paying people to do something and they were always taking to many breaks etc. I can see why he wants help and I would help him if I could but I can't.

4. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Not going to turn this into a discussion about business policies.

If anyone has any suggestions, please fire away ...

5. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

I have little to no experience in this field, but I have seen this product pop up a few times. The Mac software is a free download, the device is (I believe) around £20. http://www.upek.com/solutions/mac/default.asp. Ignore the stuff about 'coming soon', that's their new software suite. The product exists now.

Are you kidding?! Perhaps he works in a high-security environment, or works for someone that helps protect your freedom. If the employees don't like it, they can go and work somewhere else. Next time you ask for help on these forums I'll link to to this post.

AppleMatt

6. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not exactly what we're looking for.
    This product allows you to securely log in to your Mac, using your fingerprint.

What we're looking for, is a logging system that keeps track of people entering and leaving our business and exports that data to a Mac.