iPhone Bioprotect - New Touch ID tweak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MauiGideon, Jan 4, 2014.

1. MauiGideon macrumors regular

2. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

3. honam1021 macrumors regular

I really hope the next version of Lockdown Pro/Lite will support both TouchID and regular password

4. aneagle, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014

aneagle macrumors newbie

After installing and setting up, my 5s power consumption becomes excessive and the phone is hot even in standby.

PS: There's a new update to fix the heating problem.

5. epphllps macrumors 6502

I use it and love it so far. Definitely worth the few dollars for the option to protect certain apps.

6. Eitel macrumors regular

Until you ask Siri to open the app. ;)

7. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

I have, and like applocker. I have already paid for applocker on a previous jailbreak so guess I'll stay with it.

8. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

BioProtect has a few loop holes btw just to let everyone know. the phone and messages app and email, basically everything that sends a notification can still be opened just click on the notification and it opens, or just click in the contact info and you can access all that from the contact without the touch id (like the messages app can still be opened) So it's not as secure as you would hope (another one is the photos can still be accessed from the camera app)

And also as stated before all you gotta do is ask Siri and she is ur little partner in crime. So all in all you still have to delete all those messages and nude pics of your gf before you go home to your wife

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I fail to see the need. When I loan my phone is usually for something quick and w the 5S they have to ask me to open the phone. The really imp apps like bank ones asks for a password anyways already.
    To me it would make things more cumbersome. Then again I'm not Carlos Danger nor have nothing to hide anyways ;)