Bioshock for Mac

NTGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Hey I have done a little search but haven't been able to find a mac compatible version of bioshock. Any ideas if they make mac versions of bio shock or do i have to go with the windows version...which i dont want to do! Also I was wondering if a Macbook Pro 2.2 can run it with fairly high graphics settings. Thanks for the help. Sorry if there were any stupid questions...I am new to macs :D.

HaGG

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2007
I don't think we will see a mac version, as for the 2.2ghz model I think you will be able to run it but not on high.

Kosh66

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
No Mac version. I didn't even know there was a PC version. I'm probably going to buy it for my Xbox 360. Looks like a great game and it's got excellent reviews.

hankolerd

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Seattle, WA
i am in the crysis beta. you probably won't be running on high, high hurts my mac. though, that is in multiplayer, which takes much more resources, maybe in single player it will run with higher graphic settings. it has a high range of settings to go through. That and the fact that if you have a dx10 compatible card even more things become available. You will be able to run it, but not on high, probably medium.:apple:

NTGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Awesome thanks for all your help. Looks like i will have to run it under boot camp!

iProd

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Boston
i am in the crysis beta. you probably won't be running on high, high hurts my mac. though, that is in multiplayer, which takes much more resources, maybe in single player it will run with higher graphic settings. it has a high range of settings to go through. That and the fact that if you have a dx10 compatible card even more things become available. You will be able to run it, but not on high, probably medium.:apple:
No way you're comparing Crysis to Bioshock, UT3 engine is so much more optimized than Crytek's Crysis engine, it's sad. :D Also Crysis has much much more enviornmental detail and physics stuff going on than Bioshock, so of course it runs rather bad, runs horrible on my PC that plays Bioshock at 40-50 FPS! Also, in this point in time, don't bother at all with DX10, not one game out with DX10 support has any major difference that would make you want to give up 20% of your performance with Vista (if you don't already have it that is). My 2 cents is that Bioshock should run relatively fine on highish settings (not highest, but not medium...you catch my drift?) And DX9 is the way to go, DX10 is not worth it at the moment, and on an 8600GTM, I think not at all... ;) Go get XP and Bioshock, it is a beautiful game. :)

Fuchal

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2003
Hey I have done a little search but haven't been able to find a mac compatible version of bioshock. Any ideas if they make mac versions of bio shock or do i have to go with the windows version...which i dont want to do! Also I was wondering if a Macbook Pro 2.2 can run it with fairly high graphics settings. Thanks for the help. Sorry if there were any stupid questions...I am new to macs :D.
My friend has a 2.2ghz Macbook Pro and he ran the game with all settings on max and it ran great.

I have a 2.16ghz Macbook Pro (X1600) and I ran the game on all medium settings and it was never too slow to be unplayable - it ran from decent (20fpsish to great) through the entire game.

If you run it in Windows it will run GREAT on your macbook pro.

Vidd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2006
I've played the game with settings on low but textures on medium and it still looks great.
"Low" is still a lot higher than many games.

Knolly

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
Please define great. I just don't believe you. Sorry.

ps:I also play Bioshock on my iMac and PC
Eh, I ran it on my 2.2 SR MBP on a mix of high and medium settings. It runs on all of the highest settings, but occasionally the framerate drops enough that I can notice it, so I just lowered a few things.

PMR

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Portugal (Google it)
Eh, I ran it on my 2.2 SR MBP on a mix of high and medium settings. It runs on all of the highest settings, but occasionally the framerate drops enough that I can notice it, so I just lowered a few things.
Mix of medium/high is enough to keep the frame rate acceptable, not all maximum.

Jnsvda

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
bioshock

It is out here, in the local store.. mac dedicated version.
i'm planning on buying it.
oh btw; i live in belgium

HeroBiX

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2010
thats awesome :D I dont know if I should get it to PS3 or Mac oO any one got any good suggestions =)

zao8350

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
i have a question for you that have played bioshock on bootcamp. how the heck do you beat it on any level harder than easy? the tracking in the game is just rough, like it should still be played with an xbox controller. same as STALKER. i have the newest 15" with the 512 vid card. and a razer deathadder. thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.