Bioshock for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by NTGuy, Oct 25, 2007.

1. NTGuy macrumors newbie

Hey I have done a little search but haven't been able to find a mac compatible version of bioshock. Any ideas if they make mac versions of bio shock or do i have to go with the windows version...which i dont want to do! Also I was wondering if a Macbook Pro 2.2 can run it with fairly high graphics settings. Thanks for the help. Sorry if there were any stupid questions...I am new to macs :D.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. HaGG macrumors member

I don't think we will see a mac version, as for the 2.2ghz model I think you will be able to run it but not on high.

4. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

No Mac version. I didn't even know there was a PC version. I'm probably going to buy it for my Xbox 360. Looks like a great game and it's got excellent reviews.

5. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

i am in the crysis beta. you probably won't be running on high, high hurts my mac. though, that is in multiplayer, which takes much more resources, maybe in single player it will run with higher graphic settings. it has a high range of settings to go through. That and the fact that if you have a dx10 compatible card even more things become available. You will be able to run it, but not on high, probably medium.:apple:

6. NTGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome thanks for all your help. Looks like i will have to run it under boot camp!

7. Cerebrum macrumors regular

Cerebrum

8. iProd macrumors regular

iProd

No way you're comparing Crysis to Bioshock, UT3 engine is so much more optimized than Crytek's Crysis engine, it's sad. :D Also Crysis has much much more enviornmental detail and physics stuff going on than Bioshock, so of course it runs rather bad, runs horrible on my PC that plays Bioshock at 40-50 FPS! Also, in this point in time, don't bother at all with DX10, not one game out with DX10 support has any major difference that would make you want to give up 20% of your performance with Vista (if you don't already have it that is). My 2 cents is that Bioshock should run relatively fine on highish settings (not highest, but not medium...you catch my drift?) And DX9 is the way to go, DX10 is not worth it at the moment, and on an 8600GTM, I think not at all... ;) Go get XP and Bioshock, it is a beautiful game. :)

9. Fuchal macrumors 68020

My friend has a 2.2ghz Macbook Pro and he ran the game with all settings on max and it ran great.

I have a 2.16ghz Macbook Pro (X1600) and I ran the game on all medium settings and it was never too slow to be unplayable - it ran from decent (20fpsish to great) through the entire game.

If you run it in Windows it will run GREAT on your macbook pro.

10. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

Please define great. I just don't believe you. Sorry.

ps:I also play Bioshock on my iMac and PC

11. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

I can believe that though

12. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

I've played the game with settings on low but textures on medium and it still looks great.
    "Low" is still a lot higher than many games.

13. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Eh, I ran it on my 2.2 SR MBP on a mix of high and medium settings. It runs on all of the highest settings, but occasionally the framerate drops enough that I can notice it, so I just lowered a few things.

14. Fuchal macrumors 68020

You dont have to believe me. :) It doesn't change the fact that it did.

15. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

Mix of medium/high is enough to keep the frame rate acceptable, not all maximum.

16. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

You did it? Wasn't your friend's achievement which I was doubting?

I believed your medium/high settings. Not your friend's maximum settings:cool:

17. Jnsvda macrumors newbie

bioshock

It is out here, in the local store.. mac dedicated version.
    i'm planning on buying it.
    oh btw; i live in belgium

18. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

19. HeroBiX macrumors member

thats awesome :D I dont know if I should get it to PS3 or Mac oO any one got any good suggestions =)

20. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

21. aki macrumors 6502a

lol i started reading this thread and was like "wha???"

22. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I heard that a game called Marathon might be released for the Mac, anyone know when this might come out?
    :rolleyes:

23. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

24. zao8350 macrumors regular

i have a question for you that have played bioshock on bootcamp. how the heck do you beat it on any level harder than easy? the tracking in the game is just rough, like it should still be played with an xbox controller. same as STALKER. i have the newest 15" with the 512 vid card. and a razer deathadder. thanks

25. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Huh? STALKER is a PC-only shooter. :confused: