Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ventuss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I've been comparing Bioshock Infinite on Mac and PC. I feel a little disapointed to see that most options on PC have a high and ultra setting, while on the Mac we only get "normal". Why is that? Why not enable high quality textures? Another thing that bugs me is the anti aliasign options on Mac.

Is there any way of reaching for higher graphics settings? All I ask is for the higher quality textures.

Last edited:

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
I've been comparing Bioshock Infinite on Mac and PC. I feel a little disapointed to see that most options on PC have a high and ultra setting, while on the Mac we only get "normal". Why is that? Why not enable high wualify textures? Another thing that bugs me is the anti aliasign options on Mac.

Is there any way of reaching for higher graphics settings? All I ask is for the higher quality textures.

This is discussed at length in another post and there are ways to do it at your own risk so to speak.

To answer your question in short, it depends on your hardware. The app detects what you have and then sets your available options accordingly in order to provide you with the smoothest gameplay possible. We are continuing to work on ways to optimize and add those options in (just as we did with resolutions), but we stand by our decision to limit them in the interest of default performance (which is what the vast majority of gamers play in).

ventuss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I expected to be able to get more options by lowering the screen resolution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.