Birmingham bullring on the 24th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxchefxx, Jun 16, 2010.

1. xxchefxx macrumors member

Anyone picking up there iPhone from here on the 24th or have any info on when the bull ring will open need to be in and out asap as I have work :D

2. Heliconsoul macrumors member

Says 8am on the Apple website. I've reserved an iPhone (contract) via the website and will be there, first Apple launch I'm actually going to the store for :D

3. xxchefxx thread starter macrumors member

Same for me when I got my 3G it didn't turn up until after 6 in the evening I had stayed in all day and had to go to work so I missed the delivery so this time I'm not missing out well I hope not anyway

4. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

I've reserved one so I'll be collecting earlyish on launch day. Bear in mind there'll be a big queue there at 8.

Might be worth telling work you'll be late.

5. SimonTheSoundMa macrumors 6502a

I wont be there, didn't preorder for the 24th in time.

6. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

I managed to preorder this time and will be at the bullring to collect, just like last year.

I will be getting a sim free iPhone this time around. So at least they cant force me to top up £10 to a PAYG sim like last time

7. Zelnaga macrumors regular

Is the actual bullring open before 8am? or did the queues start behind the glass doors outside last year?

Speaking of last year? What were the queues like with 3G and 3GS on release date at bullring?

8. Mac Martyn macrumors newbie

I have ordered a sim free to collect on the 24th but was surprised to find when speaking to apple on live chat they told me that it does not matter which option you selected ie contract PAYG or sim free you still pay the same for the phone £599 there is no reduction for contract phones unless you by from O2 etc effectively they are all sim free if brought from Apple

9. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

It's usually open from about 7 I think... used to pass through it on my way to work.

10. Zelnaga macrumors regular

Did you queue for 3G or 3GS? I was planning on getting there round about 5-6am. Depending on whether I wait inside or out the bullring.

11. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Neither, 3G was from O2 store and I was in the US when the 3GS went on sale so didnt get it until a week later.

I was there for the iPad launch though. Got there about 7am and there was maybe 40 or 50 people in front of me.

12. littleebo356 macrumors member

hey guys, new to the forums (first post lol)
    i will be there on launch day too, 32gig reserved .
    hope the ques arent to mega at 7am lol
    c u there

13. rhaleuk macrumors member

In my experience the line is OK until about half 7.

14. xxchefxx thread starter macrumors member

I have never got a iPhone from apple store before. Will I just go in pick a contract that I would like to go on as if I was in a normal phone shop and pay the price for the hand set according to the tariff? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

15. Zelnaga macrumors regular

Just been into bullring apple store. Seems im on the reseve list. But was warned to get there before 7am as the iPad queue was quite large, and they assume the queue to be larger than that.

I was told that the doors to bullring opens at 7am by the glass doors by Nandos and Pizza Hut, but the doors by the Apple Store (USC and G-Star) stores doesnt open till 8am. Can anyone confirm this?

16. littleebo356 macrumors member

ok as in 50 people? or more?

17. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

I'm hoping that there's not a horrendous queue. I'm off work with back problems and standing for hours is not a great idea but... well... iPhone! :)

Better make sure I'm smacked up on painkillers.

18. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Hi guys. Me and a couple of friends have reserved ours from the Bull Ring store and plan to get there for around the store opening time (8am). I've rang the store and they've said that regardless of all the rumours going around, if you reserved the iPhone 4 you will definitely get one no matter what time you go in on that day. If you don't go in on the 24th your reservation will be cancelled though.

From my past experience the 3G launch was a complete disaster. I got there at store opening time and was still there at around 3pm because of all the problems with the O2/Apple systems. I gave up at that time and went home, and got my 3G the day after from Solihull Touchwood Centre. When I got to the store there was about 40 people ahead of me as well. I don't mind getting there a little later this time, or at store opening time, because the selling process should be a lot quicker (no contracts to be signed etc.). It'll just be a case of pay for the phone and take the box home, unless you want to hang around and have a store rep help you set up the phone. I'll do that myself though! :D

Atif

19. mrcoop macrumors newbie

I'll be there also just after half seven :) Something to look forward too especially if England don't do the business on Wed afternoon :confused:

20. maximus.darby macrumors newbie

can anybody confirm whether the shopping centre doors are being unlocked next to the apple store, or whether or not we need to enter through the doors nearest Nandos?

21. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Safest to assume that you'll have to enter by Nandos.

This was the designated entrance for the iPad launch too. Although I've known other entrances open early in the past.

22. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

LOL.

gotta love narco's.. Don't use them any longer. Take Suboxone now.

Make sure you over-pack water if your gonna be popping them pills. Sorry, just the altruism in me :)

Blonde Buddhist

23. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Oh yeah I need to make sure I have water. Although I'll probably start my cocktail of pills before I leave the house. :-s

24. hotel.juliette macrumors newbie

I'll be coming to Bullring on the 24th. I haven't reserved though, so I'll just try my luck and see if I can get a 16GB sim-free one.

Thanks for the info posted above :)

25. littleebo356 macrumors member

you wont get one from the apple store because there all allocated,

02, orange, vodaphone stores are an option.