Birthday calendar on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anjinha, Nov 10, 2008.

1. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but my birthday calendar isn't being synched to my iPhone.

Is this a problem with MobileMe? It used to sync fine through iTunes...

2. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha

Can someone please just tell me if this is normal?

3. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha

That's too bad, but at least I don't have to restore my iPhone to try to fix it... :D Thanks.

4. icewing macrumors 6502

5. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

There is no birthday calendar that I know of, just a calendar:D

6. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Yeah, i'm ready for Apple to fix this "bug". There is no reason that the Birthday calendar shouldn't sync like the rest of the categories.

7. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

The Birthday Calendar is a "subscription", and subscriptions are not synced with the iPhone (for some reason)..

The only way around it is so export the calendar, then re-import it .. making it a normal calendar type (ie, not a subscription), then then that will sync to your iPhone...

Only thing is, it won't automatically update if you add/update/delete birthdays in the address book, so you have to re-export and re-import again etc..

8. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha

I hadn't thought of that. it's not a perfect solution but it's better than nothing. Thanks. :)

9. phillymjs macrumors regular

If you have MobileMe...

...you can publish the Birthdays calendar to it and then subscribe to the published version on the iPhone.

I just tested it, and it works*. Changes are published quickly and the iPhone picks them up.

*10.4.11 on the computer with the calendar and address book, iPhone 3GS. YMMV.

~Philly

10. alFR macrumors 68020

No need, even if you're syncing your other calendars through MobileMe you can sync the birthdays calendar through iTunes under OS 3.0. Be nice if it would sync via MobileMe but after all, how often do birthdays really change?

11. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

True...I do this as well.

However, there doesn't appear to be a way to have birthdays trigger an alarm, which makes them practically useless for me. I don't go into my calendar daily and I've missed a couple of birthdays as a result of not being reminded :(