Birthday Next week

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sparky8, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Sparky8 macrumors member

So i'm looking to get a new iPod, currently have a mini so looking at Nano. But i'm wondering as to when the expected next gen of nanos will be released, i don't want to get one ten find touch screen's are out in 2 weeks.

2. TheGordo macrumors newbie

Touch screen Ipods are not coming soon.

You don't need to worry, Ipods have never been updated in the middle of a "buy a computer get a free Ipod" sale. Aslo apple doesn't not want to hurt iphone sales. I'm saying this becuase I have been waiting since Christmas for this touch screen Ipod and have been looking for hope for the last 8 months, and there has been 0 hope.

3. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

The new Nano's and Ipod Video's (6th Generation) maybe be coming out in September. I thought maybe the Nano would come before the new Video but the Buyer's Guide says "Updates Coming Soon". I guess this may mean one might come before the other.

It's my birthday next week too :). The 16th. I've asked for a iPod Video. Didn't feel like waiting for the 6th Generation.

Here's the Buyer's Guide Link http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPod_nano

4. Sparky8 thread starter macrumors member

2 days before mine, cool. If you want help i know Play.com are selling the Black 30GB for £150, if u live in the UK that is

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Hate to break it to ya, the first generation iPod Nano was released during just such a promotion. The Nanos were NOT eligible for the rebate, but people were still able to get their free-after-rebate iPod Minis.

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

If it will bother you that a new iPod is released just a month after you buy yours, I would just wait already. I am quite confident Apple will continue what they have in seasons past and update right after the free Nano deal ends.

7. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

Thanks Sparky8 but im actually located in Canada. Best Buy and Futureshop have some really good deals now. Best Buy offers the Black and White 30 GB iPod Video (5.5G) for 269.99 and Futureshop offers if for 267.99.

Pretty good prices if you ask me. I don't imagine them going any lower than this until the release of the new 6G iPod.