Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
is there a way to set up mobile me to "subscribe to my adress book birthdays" like i have on my computer. see i have mobileme on my phone so it deletes all my calendars and replaces them with the mobileme ones. and i want the birthdays displayed. can i set up mobileme to do this?

vabigpoppa

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2008
someone on here found a workaround for this......what you have to do is click on your birthdays calendar in iCal on your computer (not mobile me).....export it and save to your desktop.....unsubscribe to your birthdays calendar.....import your birthdays calendar from your desktop, then it will be a regular calendar. after that it will be able to get pushed to mobile me and your iphone. this also works for holidays.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
someone on here found a workaround for this......what you have to do is click on your birthdays calendar in iCal on your computer (not mobile me).....export it and save to your desktop.....unsubscribe to your birthdays calendar.....import your birthdays calendar from your desktop, then it will be a regular calendar. after that it will be able to get pushed to mobile me and your iphone. this also works for holidays.

but will it live update when you add a birthday to a contact?

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
this is a weird issue....im assuming its a bug? Because before, all the Birthdays I had in Address Book would show up in iCal and those would show up on my iPhone but right now, they birthdays are fine in Address Book. iCal subscribes to them and so they show up on Me.com

But my iPhone, dosent see them at all.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
is there a way to set up mobile me to "subscribe to my adress book birthdays" like i have on my computer.

Click on "show birthdays calendar" in the calendar preferences on the MobileMe website?

Only drawback currently is that while it syncs the birthday calendar to the cloud it doesn't push to the iPhone: if you want that you'll have to set up a manual one as above. Apparently that's due to a difference in the way Leopard handles subscribed calendar syncing and they're working on it, so it should get fixed eventually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.