Birthdays added to contacts question

Grayburn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
London, England
I have my calendar set to sync to iCloud and had have various calendars set up such as Events,Reminders and Birthdays all with set colours. I've recently started to add Birthdays to contacts and have seen these added to the calendar which i like as it says the age where my own didn't. Do these sync to iCloud calendar or are they just saved to the device?

My contacts are synced via Outlook and not iCloud FYI.

sbailey4

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I have my calendar set to sync to iCloud and had have various calendars set up such as Events,Reminders and Birthdays all with set colours. I've recently started to add Birthdays to contacts and have seen these added to the calendar which i like as it says the age where my own didn't. Do these sync to iCloud calendar or are they just saved to the device?

My contacts are synced via Outlook and not iCloud FYI.
They are actually saved with the contact not the calendar. So if your contacts are saved to iCloud then so will the birthday data and it will appear in the calendar if the Birthday calendar is selected to view. Basically you are adding that info to the contact not the calendar so it is saved with the contacts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.