Birthdays not showing up on iphone calendar

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ne0star, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ne0star macrumors regular

I have the birthday's calendar enabled in both MobileMe and iCal on my macbook, but they don't appear on my iphone calendar.

Anyone got any troubleshooting tips. My Mac seems to have sync'd successfully.

Cheers

2. higgalls macrumors regular

In iCal do you have a calendar called "Birthdays" under "Subscriptions"?

3. ne0star thread starter macrumors regular

yeah I went in and ticked it specifically.

the birthdays show up fine on iCal calendar, but if I got to the same date on my iphone there is nothing there.

4. higgalls macrumors regular

On your iPhone, when you go to your calendars and go back to look at the list of each calendar, does it show the Birthdays one in that list of available calendars?
    Unfortunately I don't have MobileMe to tell you whether that is the problem or not :S

5. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

6. ne0star thread starter macrumors regular

If I list all the calendars on my iphone I only have All, Work, Home. If I select all the birthdays still don't show up.

I might try turning off my mobile me sync and try and get itunes to do it.

7. higgalls macrumors regular

Unfortunately Birthdays won't show up if it doesn't list that as a Calendar on your iphone. I don't know why it is doing that. Maybe it is a MobileMe problem. Let me know how you go after disabling MobileMe.

8. ne0star thread starter macrumors regular

Just to update if you switch off mobileme calendar syncing on the iphone and allow itunes to do it, it works fine. The Birthdays Calendar shows up.

Seems to be either by design or a bug in Mobile Me.

9. philbarnes macrumors newbie

That's really annoying as it's useful to sync contacts and calendars wirelessly, so why can't it do simple things like birthdays (which are taken from the contact details anyway so it's the iphone that needs to be able to do it - which of course it can with a normal itunes sync!!!)

10. benjamincorlett macrumors newbie

Solution

Found a solution:
    1. Open iCal
    2. Go to preferences
    3. click general
    4. untick "show birthdays calendar"
    5. retick it
    6. has worked for me and several others - ipod touch 2.2.1

11. keeganxt macrumors regular

This didn't work for me...I'd prefer to only use mobileme to sync the calendars...but can i do a one time sync with itunes to get that ones calendar on there...or has someone figured out a better way yet?