Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betarev3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
North Somerset Uk
Ok, going to seem like a life story here, but bare with me!!
...i have been a frustrated PC user for many years and wanted an iMac for some time but just couldn't justify the cost of changing over. Finally 3 months ago i had enough money to buy a 20" iMac... but everyone said "hang on a bit, they will update them soon".
As we now know they have, but here in the UK the price has gone up and my £800 was now £170 quid short of the price and i could get a very good quad core pc set-up for £700. So that was that... off to search the pcworld web site for a pc.
On the home page was a link to see the new Apple Macs... so i thought i would have a look at what i am missing and click around. At a glance i saw a price of £700 against a 20" iMac, must be wrong!! I looked again, the spec seemed to be the new one with DDR3 memory and Nvidia graphics... nah, got to be wrong!! But what the hell, pay with card and see when they realise.

Now here is the good bit... it arrived today and it is the new one and they have taken £700 off my card. Bargain :)

Anyone else get lucky... i went back on the same page 20 minutes later and the price was now £949... :D

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK
That is really excellent luck, that saving will enhance your enjoyment of your new iMac even more.:):)

spcdust

betarev3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
North Somerset Uk
I'm like a kid at christmas here... worst bit is i can't remember all the passwords to access my websites via CS3 once i install it :)
Having to use my pc at present to find everything i need and all the info to gain online access to my life again!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.