Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marty1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
England
... because I don't know what it can 'see'.

Because am logged in with my Apple ID all the time, does that essentially mean Apple can see whatever I'm doing through my account? Like, if am watching something online, editing sensitive data, downloading things, logging into various place - can Apple or whoever see what am doing?

I was concerned about it so turned off iCloud, but then saw it's benefits with my phone and iPad etc.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
That's a great question.

I have no idea why Apple doesn't publish a comprehensive guide explaining how iCloud works, in detail. Yet that said, perhaps they do & I've simply missed it.

We'll have to wait for someone else to come along & answer this question.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
... because I don't know what it can 'see'.

Because am logged in with my Apple ID all the time, does that essentially mean Apple can see whatever I'm doing through my account? Like, if am watching something online, editing sensitive data, downloading things, logging into various place - can Apple or whoever see what am doing?

I was concerned about it so turned off iCloud, but then saw it's benefits with my phone and iPad etc.

That's a great question.

I have no idea why Apple doesn't publish a comprehensive guide explaining how iCloud works, in detail. Yet that said, perhaps they do & I've simply missed it.

We'll have to wait for someone else to come along & answer this question.

Have you read this? It might answer some, if not all, of your Apple privacy questions: http://www.apple.com/privacy/

(See what I did there? ;))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.