Bitcasa

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by -Loki-, Jul 15, 2012.

1. -Loki- macrumors newbie

Does anyone use Bitcasa? Is it as good as it appears or is the software bad?

I'm looking for a large amount of cloud storage, so any opinions on it or alternatives to it would be helpful. Hopefully this is the right forum!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I tried it in beta and it was totally wonky
    It was frustratingly slooooow and never gave me any results

I gave up after about 2-3 weeks of trying to make it useable
    I uninstalled it

After using Dropbox flawlessly for so long, I was not willing to compromise

Your mileage may vary, and I'm sure they have addressed some of their issues now

3. stiwi macrumors regular

I think the recent update for Mac is pretty decent. I was wondering if there is any way to run Bitcasa as a network share? Bitcasa is disabled under sharing preferences because it is... already a network share itself. I would like to make it run as a network share for XBMC playback off the cloud.

Any ideas?

4. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

Anyone using Bitcasa right now (2015), and happy with the service. I've read quite a lot about its ups and downs, but don't see much here (dedicated to just this service) on MR after a forum search.

I want to back up everything across all of my computers/devices without having to manually manage it all (as much as possible). Right now I am paying for 1TB of DropBox storage for this purpose.

Thank you for your input.