Bitcode

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by quackers82, Jun 19, 2015.

1. quackers82 macrumors 6502

Not really sure where to discuss this one! Not seen any article on it yet on Macrumors, but i think it applies to iOS so sorry if its the wrong forum. Read this today...

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2015/06...s-at-wwdc-that-nobodys-talking-about-bitcode/

Are we going to see an architecture change in the next year or two? I don't see any reason for Apple to do what that article says unless they have a plan for something in the not to distant future.

2. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

Maybe not an architecture change but if they were to bring out new products like Apple TV or the iPad Pro and it has a different architecture like an Intel Core i5, the apps would just work.

It might also be trying to get iOS apps onto the Mac and vice-versa.

On paper, it looks like the apps will be more optimised and smaller but since no one has tried it out yet, it's hard to say.

3. quackers82 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok now you have said that my brain is suddenly thinking iPad Pro running intel chips (like the new Macbook which has fanless) running a touch optimised version of OS X allowing the use of apps such as Photoshop but also giving access to the whole current range of Apps on the iOS app store.