BiteSMS AND Google Voice

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by spotsphill, Aug 2, 2010.

1. spotsphill macrumors regular

I currently do all my texting via Google Voice (all SMS forwarded to my Gmail, which is pushed to me via the PushGmail app). This allows me to send/receive thousands of texts for free every month without paying a dime for a messaging plan.

I've been reading about how great BiteSMS is, and I'm considering paying for a messaging plan just so I can use the quick send/reply functionality. What I want to know is if anyone has had any luck in using both BiteSMS AND GV to circumvent the messaging plan fees. If so, how?

Thanks!

- Phill

2. pwb2103 macrumors member

I'm following this thread now too just in case but right now it doesn't look promising.

I found this thread:
    http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/2/topics/1996

that makes it look the like bitesms team doesnt see the value in this (I would love it though)

Definitely post if you find an answer!

3. lewys macrumors 6502

lewys

4. mmonje515 macrumors newbie

Phone GV Extension and SMS GV Extension are 2 apps that allow you to send/receive calls and texts using your google voice number, but using your native iPhone Apps. There are tutorials on youtube if you need help. After that, just download the BiteSMS app and you're good to go. :)

5. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

^ That.

I have the SMS GV and the Mobile GV app, bought them both and they're great. Seamless and works with biteSMS great.

6. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

I just bought the SMS app, but can't figure out how to set it up with biteSMS. Any pointers?

7. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Go into your native settings app and you'll see SMS GV Extension. Put in your full account info and password and enable send/receive and you're good to go. Anything out of biteSMS or native stock messaging app will now send through your google #.

You'll have to get people to start texting your Google # if you want it to receive under that too, but even if they text your actual AT&T/Verizon number you'll still get it.

8. Biff..., Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Thanks I did that, and I can receive my text in BiteSMS, but when I reply the text staysin limbo, and does not reach the destination. So I can receive texts but I can't reply or send a text.

9. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Make sure your Default Send Method is "via Mobile Carrier" in BiteSMS settings.