biteSMS and iMessage

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by loyalist, Nov 12, 2011.

1. loyalist macrumors 6502

Can someone let me know if biteSMS identifies that the message is an iMessage or SMS? In iOS 5, iMessage has a light blue chat bubble and also states it's an iMessage convo.

Unfortunately, I upgraded to the 4S so I don't have a JB phone yet.

2. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Yes it does. It works pretty well with iOS 5 despite only being a beta. The QuickReply and QuickCompose both show blue send buttons/bubbles to signify it's an iMessage.

3. loyalist thread starter macrumors 6502

^^Awesome! Thx. Glad to see that the QuickReply & QuickCompose identifies it too. Can't wait. I miss biteSMS.

4. woodydog macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Bite 6 is awesome I had all the betas on my 3GS. I'm checking twitter every 2min wating for the 4S jailbreak. I saw some info the jailbreak might come thru the app store. Now that would be crazy.

5. neotope macrumors regular

They keep a pretty good log of what is going on. Supposedly Beta 14 is coming on Monday.

http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/4277

6. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I'm guessing you are just confused by Charlie Miller's 0 day bug he managed to get through the App Store, proving that exploits could be done that way (since Apple had not patched it yet). That exploit was patched in 5.01, and since Apple is now aware of it there probably won't be any apps making it through that would allow jailbreaking that way. Not to mention that the dev account on such an app would be banned immediately and it wouldn't take Apple long to hear the buzz about an App Store based jb.

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Bitesms has got to be the top app I miss from Jailbreaking. Being able to reply to text without leaving an app was the best.

8. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Can you have bitesms to handle your imessages in the app itself? 6.1 is only showing my standard sms text messages in the app.

9. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Just jailbroke my girlfriend's iPhone, BiteSMS wasn't working correctly at first I would receive her messages but when I sent her one it would show a notification but no popup with the message, and it didn't show up in the default messages app. After we re-booted it worked.