BiteSMS crashing like crazy :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gimano67, Sep 2, 2010.

1. gimano67 macrumors member

So I've been running bitesms for a few weeks now with no problems what so ever. Recently I downloaded multifl0w and anyring. Multifl0w was crashing on me a lot so I uninstalled it. However, now bitesms crashes every couple of texts when I'm using quick reply, often while changing from landscape to normal. Any ideas??

Thanks! I love bitesms and I just want it to work :)

2. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

3. weespeed macrumors 6502

I had the same issue. I did a reboot not a respring and it fixed my problem.

4. gimano67 thread starter macrumors member

I have reinstalled. And ive done force reboots (hold the top and home buttons down) b/c the phone has frozen up (b/c of biteSMS i assume cuz im using it when it happens). It then starts up in sad face iphone mode. Is that the same as rebooting?

5. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Is this a cracked version or you bought it? And what version?

6. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

bite is now free with ad support with the option to buy removing the ads.

7. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I know, but people still use the cracked versions.

8. gimano67 thread starter macrumors member

Real version. I paid for it cause I like it ALOT and it worked. Maybe my iphone just sucks, ha. It's gotten more bearable, but Im still going into sad iphone mode once a day...

9. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

10. gimano67 thread starter macrumors member

11. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

ive had zero crashes with bite besides with iblacklist do you have iblacklist installed?

12. gimano67 thread starter macrumors member

Nope. I have 3G unrestrictor, iFile, WiFi sync, Terminal, openSSH, safari download manager, SBSettings, snaptap and AnyRing installed. I HAD muktiFl0w but since it crashed so much I got rid of it.

13. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I was actually thinking of this and the issue didn't arise for me until after I downloaded safari download manager. I'm curious if this is the issue. :confused: I'd test now but I'm away from home so I can't fix if I make a mistake.

14. LoLife macrumors regular

I have safari download manager with multiflow and bitesms and no problems. I also have iblacklist installed and running but its useless with bitesms, still on the phone though.

As to what else you have installed I also have 3G unrestrictor, iFile, Terminal, openSSH, safari download manager, SBSettings

15. supervelous macrumors 6502

I have BiteSMS with iblacklist and it works fine

16. gimano67 thread starter macrumors member

I upgraded to the 5.0 beta and things seem to be working well. The only problem Im experiencing is that I think the new custom Ringtones/SMS tones feature in BiteSMS is conflicting with AnyRing. When I get an SMS, no sound or vibrations occur. I removed AnyRing and it seemed to fix the problem .

17. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Mine started crashing as of 2 days ago.. I hope they release 5.0 soon so i can upgrade from 4.98.

18. bmms8 macrumors 68020

beta 3 was released this morning.. try that.. its really stable and they dont release betas unless they are truly stable.. this is the 3rd beta for 5.0.. good luck

19. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Yah i just installed the beta 3 and we'll see how it goes..

20. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

Sorry to bump, but this is relevant to my problem...

I just downloaded and installed BiteSMS version 4.99 and every time I try to open it, it goes to the splash screen then just crashes. Any ideas how I'm meant to fix this, or how do I install the latest beta?

21. Tu13es macrumors regular

You probably want to check out:

http://forums.bitesms.com/

22. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Yesterday, my biteSMS just stopped working...or rather, it stopped notifying me of a new text message. No quick reply, no badge on the app icon, and no sound indication. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the heck happened when I came across this thread and saw the link to the biteSMS forum. Whew!

I was running 4.99 and thought I'd try upgrading to the 5.0 beta 6 that was released. That fixed it. It's now working like a charm again. So, if you're having problems, try the newest beta out.

23. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I've been on the various versions of the BiteSMS beta for a month now, and I have to say it's the smoothest beta I've ever done. No critical bugs for me, no crashing, and the new features are outstanding.

If you do encounter problems, as with any beta, it's crucial that you let them know. Post in the beta thread in the Releases section of their forum, and be sure to add details such as the model and firmware you're running. They've been very quick to fix most bugs.

24. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

get that new beta7 just released today!

They added so you can view previous messages in the quick reply! This is honestly a superb app.

25. Argelius macrumors 6502

Argelius

Hate to be stupid, but how do I get the beta?