biteSMS credits ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bawstun, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

if I choose to buy credits, because I have a friend in Canada I'd like to text frequently, but I've (we've) never done, because of the outrageous costs...

if I bought credits, do they automatically take effect? I mean, if I start texting her # through biteSMS, it AUTOMATICALLY bypasses the AT&T detectors and won't double-charge me on my bill or anything? if so, how exactly does that work? but I"m under the impression that is how it would work, is this correct?

I buy credits, text her, the texts start coming off of my purchased credits and I never receive charges from AT&T? How's that possible without them knowing I am texting her? I'm confused. :(

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

no you'll neeed to fiddle with the settings in the bitesms app.

3. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

You have to tell the biteSMS to send via biteSMS and not your carrier. In Canada, they only support FIDO, Rogers Wireless and Telus

Instead of wondering how it works send and receive 1 text msg and check your bill online. You won't see any charges. You might also visit bitesms.com and join their forum to ask these detailed questions. 1,000s of people use this software with biteSMS credits and have for years, don't you think if they were getting double billed by ATT someone would have mentioned it before?