General bitesms for ios 7 ready for testing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stevelam, Dec 27, 2013.

1. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

It's making me agree the the licensing every time I open it and this time it replaces the messages app altogether aside from having biteSMS simply as an additional app.

2. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Liking it so far no bugs other than the license agreement popping up every time i open the app. Replaced the ugly pink icon with the regular messages icon via its internal settings. The quick reply windows is pretty atrocious as well, hopefully they replace the UI.

3. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Can't wait to get bitesms back on my phone. Might make me jailbreak now, I was going to wait a while longer. Keep us updated on how the new beta is working.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Same here

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Tried this. The icon completely disappears for me. I have a custom icon set via Winterboard though so that may be why. But 7.5 works with this in iOS 6.1.

Otherwise the beta seems to work. I just have no icon to load it proper, although I can get to QuickCompose via an automator action.

Rolled back to 7.5 for now. Will wait till any bugs are worked out I guess.

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

It automatically hides your original messages icon and replaces that with BiteSMS. Probably because of the custom icons set the BiteSMS icon is not created.

7. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

5 minutes is all I could handle of this release. The actual full app is just uglier than stock Messages with a darker hue of blue and no color shading. But when it comes to the big feature we all really care about....(QR)....it was buggy, and very very ugly. It has a very long way to go. I won't bother trying it again until 5 or 6 betas have fixed at least a good amount of the bugs and UI.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It hasn't been an issue in the past, but things are different now.

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Complaining about a 1st beta?????

10. SimsDelt macrumors member

Been waiting on this for so long. It's tuning great for me. It only asked for the license check the fist time I ran it. Great first beta on iPhone 5 7.0.4

11. cchunk macrumors 6502

Wish I could get it on my 5s. Main reason I jailbreak. Guess I shall wait lol

12. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Same.

13. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

I am pretty sure the bitesms in the test repo isn't even considered a beta. The actual beta is probably being released to the beta repo tomorrow.

14. boobie12 macrumors 6502

Yea I think the one for the 5s will me tomorow according to the bitesms forums and the devloper

15. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I'm using the beta, but whenever I try to press send in a quick reply it's greyed out and won't send. Anybody else experiencing this?

16. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I think we 5Sers might be out of luck until mobile substrate is updated.

17. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

The developer confirmed on bitesms site that this version was for internal testing and isn't the actual beta release. So, it's going to be normal that a lot of stuff doesn't work correctly.

18. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Yeah. Same here I heard there was a fix for the QR send button, but it's on the biteSMS forum site.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's the kind of people that should be staying away from all test betas.
    No way. A beta release has bugs? :D

20. robotphood macrumors 6502a

“@bitesms: This was for internal testing only, it’s not a beta release, it’s not ready yet. OMG I am freaking out you guys got this when it’s not ready”

"We are working flat out to get a stable beta out shortly, I'll tweet when it's ready!"

21. Trippinbillie06 macrumors newbie

i apologize if this has been answered in another thread, but after searching through a number of threads, I've come across conflicting reports of whether or not the latest official release of biteSMS (7.6.8) works on the iOS 7 jailbreak with the iPhone 5 (7.0.4). Can anyone here confirm if it works or not? Thanks!

22. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

Yes it does, running it on mine.

23. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

This thread should be closed as the released version was intended for internal testing only.

24. Trippinbillie06 macrumors newbie

Did it require adding any of the "fixes" for the current mobile substrate?