biteSMS hanging/crashing consistently...alternatives?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoneWolf121188, Dec 19, 2011.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

Both the previous version and the new version that came out a few days ago crash fairly consistently. I'll have my iphone in my pocket, and it'll vibrate to tell me I have a text. I unlock, tap on biteSMS, and it'll bring up the window of the way it looked when I last closed it. It'll sit there for about 5 seconds, doing nothing, then quit. Then I relaunch it and it works fine. This happens almost every time I get an SMS. Any ideas? Does this happen for anyone else?

Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative app? All I really use is the char/message counter and the ease of adding a photo compared to the stock SMS app. Emoticon parsing is nice but not necessary.

iPhone 4 (AT&T), iOS 4.1. I also have lockinfo, which is the only other app I can think that might be relevant.

2. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

I honestly don't know about alternatives, but it does the same to me too. I also would like the option to disable the quick reply and just go straight to the message in the app.

3. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

No. I'm on the same iPhone and firmware as you and I've never had a problem. The only other alternative is iRealSMS that I know of.

4. davedke macrumors newbie

Mine is not crashing but everytime i open the app, it takes about 5 sec before i can scroll through my txts or open one up. Like you said, it just stays frozen till then. QR does open farly quickly, maybe only a slight delay of less than a second

5. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, QR generally works fine for me too...it's just opening the actual app that takes forever, even if I've opened it fairly recently.

Krafty, are you running LockInfo?

6. LithePanther macrumors 6502

I dont have this problem.

Irealsms or ISX's messages+ are alternatives.