Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
I posted this issue in the BiteSMS Forum, but I figured I'd post it here as well, hoping someone may have a way to solve it.

Whenever my Dad sends me and my Sister a text, it’s always Group Messaging. Which works fine on the stock messaging app, however whenever I reply to my Dad via Quick Reply it goes into his personal conversation and not the Group Conversation. How would I fix this? I do have Group Message turned on in the stock app. :confused:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I dont think quickreply on bitesms does group Messaging.
Or maybe you will have to add her to the top when responding so they both get it.
Not 100% sure though.
You might have to open the main bitesms or messages app to have a group conversation.

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
I posted this issue in the BiteSMS Forum, but I figured I'd post it here as well, hoping someone may have a way to solve it.

Whenever my Dad sends me and my Sister a text, it’s always Group Messaging. Which works fine on the stock messaging app, however whenever I reply to my Dad via Quick Reply it goes into his personal conversation and not the Group Conversation. How would I fix this? I do have Group Message turned on in the stock app. :confused:

Are you running the release or the beta? I believe beta 6.2.4 was suppose to fix this bug but some people are still reporting that it hasn't been fixed so I think they're still trying to work on it.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio

I also have a group messaging chat with several friends, and this happens to me and drives me crazy. I have removed BiteSMS and can't go back to it at least until this crap is fixed.

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Are you running the release or the beta? I believe beta 6.2.4 was suppose to fix this bug but some people are still reporting that it hasn't been fixed so I think they're still trying to work on it.

I am pretty sure I was 6.2.4 as well. I had to restore because my 4S kept on rebooting itself. So I am going to re-jailbreak and hope for the best LOL

Thanks for the help everyone! :D

kevintech

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
same problems here. sometimes the message i send disappears when replying to a group text.

keredn

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2012
Bitesms 6.2.5 beta was released today. I have been using it all day without problems.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
A good work around in the meantime is to get the free GroupMe app. It lets you text multiple people even by just texting 1 phone number.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Just tested it and I can confirm that the group messaging bug is NOT fixed as of 6.2.5.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Does anyone else notice every time you open up the app and you are in a text message, it glitches the screen quickly down like it just refreshed or something? It gets pretty annoying after a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.