BiteSMS license has expired. Should I renew or look at something else?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theNEOone, Dec 17, 2010.

1. theNEOone, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010

theNEOone macrumors 6502

I've been using BiteSMS and have been relatively pleased. (Although I've seen some quirky behavior recently, such as randomly sorted SMS conversations instead of the standard "Sort by Date" format.)

Should I renew and keep using it, or is there a better alternative out there?

Thanks.

2. noiceT macrumors 6502a

It's free (just with ads) after the trial license expires, so you don't really have to make a decision right now.

3. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I've used BITE from the get go and have been nothing but pleased with it. The upgrades keep on coming and I think it's actually on sale right now so if you're gonna buy, might as well do it now.

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Since a biteSMS license never expires, what is there to renew?

5. mutantblack macrumors regular

6. bern43 macrumors member

biteSMS is great. Developer is always working on updates and it just plain works. I'd stick with it.

7. bgro macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Love bitesms and paid the 8.99 for the license. Seems to load waaaaaay faster without the ads.

8. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

He may have purchased one of the BiteSMS text messaging plans that sends your texts over their network (bypassing your carrier). You then get to use BiteSMS until the messages run out, or some period of time (a year, I think).