iPhone biteSMS not poping up when pressing the message bubble, notification center instead

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by b0nes, Jan 1, 2014.

1. b0nes macrumors newbie

When i receive more than one message and i get a small bubble on the status bar showing i have a message in my inbox i usually press that and the quickreply pops up and i reply but that was last year i just jailbroke the same iphone 4 on ios 6.1.3 and now when i click the bubble notification center slides down instead....weird because i then went to turn off messages from notification center and even now when i tap the bubble NC slides down and shows me NOTHING lol anyone have any idea what to do? thanks

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

What version of biteSMS you using

3. b0nes thread starter macrumors newbie

im using 7.3 version its the latest one that is cracked

4. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Apps don't work when you pirate them.

5. jkeating2005 macrumors regular

Maybe people will learn that in 2014.

What makes it better is that the OP is pirating a FREE App.

6. Chargr macrumors regular

Chargr

where can I get BiteSMS on IOS7? When I search on cydia only the 7.3 version comes out.

7. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

And here is where all help stops. :mad:

You do realize biteSMS offers a fully functional free version, right? :confused:

8. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Google bitesms 8 beta two and you'll find the repo you have to add to get the newest version. Don't steal stuff, it's lame and gives jailbreaking a bad name.

9. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Add this repo: http://test-cydia.bitesms.com

10. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

That feature was sort of removed last year. Your device is working correctly. When you have more the one unread text message and you tap on the status bag icon, it is supposed to open the notification center. When you only have 1 unread text message, then it is supposed to open up the quick reply window for that one message. But you need to make sure you have quick reply turned on of course.

I remember lots of people were disappointed but the dev said that with the latest iOS changes, that was the best he could do. Not sure if he ever figured out a way to completely work and not open the notification center. I don't think he ever did.

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

There's a free version, why are you using the cracked version?

The free version isn't cut back either, unlike many of the AppStore apps

It's the exact same except there is an ad banner at the bottom at the conversation lost. You could at least support them with a little bit of money if you don't plan to buy it

12. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Exactly. Plus the banner is ONLY on the conversation list. How much time do you really spend there?! 95% of my BoteSMS usage is in the QC/QR windows.

13. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

He's not the one using the cracked version, but your point stands.

14. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

I had it setup on 6.1.2 where notification center only showed one text message so clicking on the bubble brought up the QR.

I thought I'd be able to do that with the bitesms 8 beta, but I can't even click on the bubbles. They're kinda pointless other than just to show me I have a text. They don't even show on the springboard or in all apps.

If I could get it setup like I had it in iOS 6.1.2 I'd be pretty dang happy.

15. Chargr macrumors regular

Chargr

I'm no using a cracked version, I just searched and that version came out. Right when I installed the JB that version came out on Cydia, so I don't know how that could be a cracked, unless the repo's in Cydia host them.

16. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

the only version hosted in the default repos is 7.5, unless for whatever reason it got pulled and buggy 7.3 got reuploaded instead; that's why i assumed you had installed a cracked version