General BiteSMS on multiple devices

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by guitarmandp, Feb 4, 2013.

1. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

I installed BiteSmS on my iPhone 5. I get an error message when I register my license on the iPad mini telling me it's too quick to change licenses

Do I need to buy more than one copy if I'm going to use it on my iPhone and my iPad mini?

2. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

I believe you need a seperate liscense, if I can remember correctly.

3. clockworkorange macrumors regular

You will need to purchase a license for each iDevice. If you had previously bought the license you can use it again (must be on the same phone it was licensed to) using the restore license option.

4. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I can confirm this. It's one license per device.

Way back a member of the BiteSMS team gave me a partial discount for multiple licenses, and it's been an endless source of headache since. It wasn't worth the $5 or whatever I saved.

5. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm going to get flamed for this but I hate this crap. The apple store will let you install the same app on as many devices as you want

6. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

Why would you get flamed? I agree buying multiple liscense sucks but it is what it is. They aren't making us buy the ad free version.

7. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

The only thing bitesms does that is useful on the iPad app is quick reply

8. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

If that's the only useful thing and you can live without it, then stop complaining and just don't purchase it again.

9. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm only going to use it for the quick reply/quick compose. The stock messages app looks better than the BiteSMS app on the iPad only

10. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Then just use the free version of BiteSMS for the QR/QC (no ads there). It's been awhile now, but I'm pretty sure the Apple Messages app remains on the device.

So you can use the ad-free QR/QC, then use the Messages app for everything else. Easy.

11. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

12. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

So if you are on the web and somebody messages you, you can use the quick reply instead of going into the messages app.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im sure you will be able to live with the free version if you dont want to pay again.

14. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I know what bite sms does -__- but why would you want that on an iPad mini... It's not a phone.

15. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

If I get a imessage and I'm using my ipad, why would i pick up my phone to reply when I'm holding my iPad?

16. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

The inconsistency would kill me. If I got a regular text message id have to pick up my phone but if I got a iMessage then I wouldn't pick up my phone. That's too confusing, you might as well just always pick up your phone cause its simpler that way.

17. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

Almost all of my friends have iPhones, so 95% of my text messages are iMessages

18. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

You must live in California.

19. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I completely agree with you. I get both of my messages on my phone and iPad and its sometimes easier to switch, but when my phone battery is dead it's nice to use my iPad and most of my friends also have iPhones. I'm not in Cali either, but most of my friends are 25-35.

20. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

It actually wouldn't be the worst idea and save $20 a month and just get rid of SMS and use iMessages. I have Google Voice so I can use the Google voice app for my SMSing.

21. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

So many people on this board complain about the cost of apps, upgrade fees, and on and on ad nauseum. bitesms has responded with an ad-sponsored FREE version and the complaining persists.:mad::rolleyes:

22. adm3rd macrumors newbie

Helpful, NOT!