BiteSMS problem??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mz100, Feb 15, 2011.

1. mz100 macrumors regular

Ok I have had BiteSMS installed on my phone for about 2 months now, and haven't changed a setting since but now I have a problem.

biteSMS is the default messaging app,
    For the Unlock screen mode feature I have "show quick reply" for incoming SMS

So If I were on safari and I would get a text the message would popup in the middle of the screen, along with the ticker in the status bar.

Now all of a sudden when I get a messge. the message won't come up in the middle of the screen, the Blue icon shows up in the status bar and if I click it, the message will show, but it won't popup automatically like it used too??

The only think I can think of is I recently tweaked some settings in Activator, and I made double tapping the status bar play/pause, swype left goes previous, swype right is next. and scrolling down on status bar opens app switcher.

Also I have another theory I used Android lock XT, which is the droid pattern and added the code without the "slide to unlock" so now it just goes to the pattern when I turn it on. When I would recieve a message the popup would show up on the top instead of the middle of the sceen, then eventually stopped showing up So I am thinking it might have something to do with that. I am gonna remove android lock and report back. andy advice is appreciated tho.

Anyone know of a fix or a setting?
    Thanks.

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Maybe if u posted this in the iPhone help section or iPhone hacks section you would get more help.

3. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Check in sbsettings if you have sms alert turned on, if it is off turne it on. That can be the cause of your problem. That is if you have sbsettings.

4. mz100 thread starter macrumors regular

No dice, I even installed Sbssettings and turned it on.

BUMP
    anyone?

5. Fisticuffs2065 macrumors member

Hey pal, thanks for that. Worked for me! Feel a little dumb tho :D

6. BriChi macrumors 6502

is anyone elses bite crashing when you hit send? once I hit send on a text message the message sends but the app immediatel closes, Is this a "feature" or is it crashing?

I finally just uninstalled it because that was annoying the hell out of me

7. nednarm macrumors 6502

The crashing was addressed in an update. think it's 5.1-1.

8. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I would suggest your questions concerning BiteSMS should be directed to
    www.bitesms.com.