biteSMS QR problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brayhite, Jul 14, 2011.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

When on the lockscreen I have it set to allow me to Quick Reply and send from there. Rather often though when I go to start typing after hitting Show then Reply, it opens biteSMS and I have to reply there. I can hit Show, then Reply, then let it sit and it won't do anything. It only opens the application when I try typing a letter.

It also seems like when it DOES let me Quick Reply, the keyboard gets frozen on the lock screen and I have to move my LockInfo stuff down to almost "erase" it off.

Anyone else having these problems or have a suggestion?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

what version of Bite do you have and what source did you get it from

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

5.4 and Cydia.

I tried to reinstall it, to no avail. Still has same issues.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i know cydia but you used the built in sources right you didnt had any for a free version of Bite did you?

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Check bite's forums; if the problem is a common one, the answer's probably there. If not, contact them directly via email--don't bother posting it over there, email will get you a way quicker response and direct help. Their devs are some of the most responsive in the business when approached directly.

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

The biteSMS and jbme has been fixed in a beta release.

Add cydia.bitesms.com as a source in Cydia then install biteSMS 5.5. beta 1

7. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Right. I only just added a new repo yesterday, so it's the legit Bite (and still under free trial I believe).

I'll probably do that today then.

I used redsn0w so I don't think it's jbme-related. Will the beta be any better than what I have now, though, anyway?

8. TC25 macrumors 68020

AFAIK, biteSMS still does not work well with Lockinfo. The last I heard was they were working on this. However, with all the changes pending with iOS5, which biteSMS is also working on, I doubt Lockinfo compatibility is a very high priority.

9. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

I dont think Lock Info is the source of the problem. I have this issue and don't have Lock Info.

Bite SMS 5.4

10. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've NEVER heard that. I've had bite and LockInfo on my phone for well over a year together and never had one single issue involving them conflicting with each other.

brayhite, I would give the same advice as IrishVixen. Contact the developer directly via email. They're probably the most responsive developers out there and should get back to you quickly. IIRC, though, they're located in Australia, so if there's some delay, it might be because of the time difference.

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

Since the OP has indicated this is not a Lockinfo issue, it's a moot point.