General BiteSMS quick reply problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by guitarmandp, Feb 19, 2014.

1. guitarmandp, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014

guitarmandp macrumors 6502

The quick reply does not work on two different ios 7 devices I have. On my iPad air if I swipe up it just drags the message but does not give me the ability to reply. On my iPad mini the keyboard pops up when I swipe up but the message disappears and there's nowhere to reply.

There's a million different buttons yet they retired the "reply" button. Why not give people the option of adding that button back. I've paid for 3 different licenses for 3 different devices and 2 don't work. The other only works because I'm still on iOS 6.1.2

Oh yeah and I've tried resetting all settings which does nothing

2. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bite is not yet made to work with iPads. Just iPhones for now till they fix and sort all the bugs.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

i don't think biteSMS ever officially supported iPads

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Just downloaded it on my phone and it works perfectly. I've Never used it before and really like this idea.

6. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Agh. So I finally buy it because with this morning's update they moved the ads to inside the chat log as oppose to the bottom of the conversation list. Well I bought it and now it won't display the menu when you tap on the contact picture / name in the top right unless you have ads enabled. This is ridiculous. Bleh.

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Read my comment from one of the other threads. I quoted you. It's a bug in 8.1.3, the problem doesn't exist in the public version of 8.0

It will be fixed in 8.1.4

8. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I've never purchased Bite because I'm not a big texter. I maybe send 3-4 a day on average (can you tell I'm in my 30s?). Anyway, what advantages does Bite have over something like Couria, which has really nice quick reply?

9. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

BiteSMS quick reply problems

If you're not a big texter and all you're looking for is quick reply, not much. BiteSMS does have a lot more features than Couria though. Scheduled SMS sending and muting individual contacts are two that come to mind off the top of my head. I don't have it installed.

10. z06gal macrumors 6502

BiteSMS sends me into safe mode every time I try it. Couria, so far, has worked without a hitch but I only want the quick compose/reply feature. ;)