BiteSMS Reminder?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by esadb, Aug 26, 2010.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Does BiteSMS currently running 4.99 does it have some sort of reminder if you dont check your message?

If i get a text and dont check it... it beeps at me.

Also if the phone is silent and i dont check it the screen turns on lets say if it was locked..

My 3G didnt used to do this back when i had biteSMS but now the iphone4 does it..

I do have notifier installed but everything is turned off except icon for an email..

Can anyone confirm this with me?

2. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

So no one has this issue?

So my buddy just msged me.. i saw the screen flash with the biteSMS thing.. I just let it be.. screen dimmed and turned itself off. 5mins later screen turned on again and the phone vibrated..

I dont understand how its doing this or where the notification is coming from?

The reminder app from notifier is installed but everythings disabled except email icon...

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I havent noticed that with bite so far.
    isnt that like the native repeat text alert in settings/messages?
    If you ignore a message you will be alerted twice more.

4. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Really? BiteSMS didnt used to do that when i had it on my 3G.. Unless they added something in the past couple released (4.97 or 4.98)

Any way to turn that off?

Well i dont see how its a native alert, when technically the message is not even going to the native Messages app, it goes straight to BiteSMS so Messages doesn't even know there is a message.