biteSMS/SMS GV extension bug?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DirtySocks85, May 24, 2011.

1. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

So I've been running into an SMS issue the past few days and I was wondering if anyone had run into the same problem. My wife sent me an SMS a couple of days ago and it overflowed into two messages, the notification came up as per normal and I replied to it with biteSMS's quick reply function. Since then I have gotten a notification for the second part of the overflow message about 3 or 4 times in two days, after already dismissing it. It seems to be somewhat random as to when it pops up. Any thoughts?

2. jfong425 macrumors member

I've never had this problem. Try re-installing the gv package.

3. DirtySocks85 thread starter macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

It's done it a few more times now, with different text messages. Often an old SMS will pop up right after I hang up a call, and then Springboard will crash and respring in safe mode.

4. Helmsy67 macrumors member

This is exactly what is happening to me. Any know what it could be??

5. Elweezy macrumors regular

6. DirtySocks85 thread starter macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

It's a tweak that allows you to send and receive Google Voice SMS messages through your default SMS app (usually Apple's "Messages", but in the case of those who have biteSMS and have it set to default, then biteSMS).

http://gvexts.appspot.com/sms/sms.html

7. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Does the extension automatically reply with whatever SMS carrier received the text? For example, if I receive a text through my carrier, will it send the reply through the carrier automatically? If I receive a text through Google Voice, will it reply using Google Voice automatically?

8. KINetics macrumors member

No. If you have the GV Extension plug-in turned on, and you reply, it will be through google voice. There is a button that gets added to sbsettings so you can quickly turn it on and off though. You just have to remember which number the text was sent to, your carrier's or GV. You can add a signature at the end of the message to give you a visual cue.