BiteSMS trail period ending

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vigher, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Vigher macrumors member

I like the app and with the trail period ending in a day, before I buy it I was wondering if anyone feels that there is another sms app that they would reccomend over BiteSMS.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

BITE all the way but not fell pressured to buying it right away you can still use it with the ads at the bottom of your screen till you trull want to buy it, buying it is mearly a way of saying thanks to the developer and in return they remove the ads, but the ad version functions fully

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

many other threads and people will tell you Bitesms is worth the money. It's considered one of the must have apps by many that jb. Very good support by the dev too.

5. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Their CS blows though. I've had BiteSMS for almost as long as they've been around. Purchased my license right away.

Recently I took my iPhone4 in for repair and they ended up replacing it. I used jailbreakme as it was on 4.3.3 and I guess I downloaded the trial bite before I synced my phone. So now I have the expired trial and I can't seem to get it synced up with my purchased license. I've deleted it and re-downloaded but cydia doesn't show this as an app that has to be paid for or that's even been paid for. Other previously purchased apps work fine.

Anyway, emailed their CS about it a few weeks ago and have heard nothing. These ads suck.

6. Almeuit macrumors regular

biteSMS is awesome. I tried it for one day and purchased a full license. Been happy ever since. :)

7. kre62 macrumors 68000

Did you go into settings and tap on Restore Purchased License? Just enter your phone number. Worked for me.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's all you have to do. Assuming you still have the same phone number as before.
    As far as the ads they are not that bad and only take up a little square on the bottom.

9. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I don't know if anyone else would agree with me, but BiteSMS is awesome:D.

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

BiteSMS is a must-have for all heavy texters. It's amazing.

11. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Awesome....that worked. Thanks. I played with the options but totally missed the restore button under licenses option.

12. Almeuit macrumors regular

Glad it worked for you. biteSMS is good app and wouldnt purposley screw people over :).

13. mokeiko macrumors 6502

+1

mokeiko

14. RenoG macrumors 65816

Bite is all I know and right now I wouldn't use anything else..

15. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

even for casual texters like myself, i sometimes go days without texting but having the quick reply option is how texting should be, I use to hate leaving the screen i was on to reply to a text then close the messages app then click the app i was previously in to go back to where I was

16. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Yeah, I didn't think they would. But they still haven't responded to my email. Just sayin....

17. Dhelsdon, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Unless you accidentally press the ad, then press back.. My ads "stack" and it makes it really hard to read texts for that person. A quick reset of the app will fix it though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, that blocks quite a bit of the screen. I am probably going to buy a license soon anyway.

18. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Out of curiosity, did you follow the instructions on their website for how to send them mail? If you don't add certain wording to the subject line (I believe it's something like NOT FAQ), they won't respond. Instructions for contact are detailed on the site, and this keeps them from having to waste time on issues that are already covered on their FAQ. I suspect they're using a filter on their mail, so if you don't have the correct wording in the subject, they'll never even see your email.

They've always been very responsive with me, but I follow their instructions for contact exactly.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh, I see now.
    I thought it was only on the bottom of the main page.
    But again you cant really complain cause its the full version for free. Not many devs do that besides offer a small trial version for a week or 2.

20. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

I found the contact us page and it had no instructions.
    http://bitesms.com/contact_us

21. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Ya, that's true. Ads still might be bugged but I bought the full version just now so it's all good anyway!;)

22. Almeuit macrumors regular

I say re-send your email to try a better response.

http://bitesms.com/faq

Bottomg of page: FAQ does not help me
    Please email us again.
    You must put the subject as "NOT FAQ" otherwise you'll just get the auto-reply message again!

----------

Good man! You won't regret it :)