BiteSMS V. 4.98 -- Extremely Laggy

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BigKyle, Sep 6, 2010.

1. BigKyle macrumors member

Hey guys, i have BiteSMS version 4.98and it is almost un useable..

so before i remove it and go back to quickreply... i want to see if you guys have any ideas!

I have biteSMS version 4.98
    and a replacment icon, that changes it to the stock messages icon

when i click on the bitesms icon to open up my messages, it pops up to a white screen (i see header with all the menu and compose button and edit button... but my messages list is blank then about 10-20 seconds later... it pops up and works ok

when i am txting someone, and i get a txt while typing it gets really laggy and slows for about 10 seconds then everything comes through (i hear the sound but get no message for about 10 seconds (sometimes it just crashes right back to home screen)

anyone have any ideas?

2. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hey I have version 5.0 and I hunk it's also a little laggy. Let's say I receive a message and instead of quick reply I open the app. It kind of opens what I think of a "saved state" and lags for 3-5 seconds then automatically goes into the message. So the saved state would be anything i used prior to exiting the app. Its not a big deal but it's slow. I'm not sure if this has to do with the ads taking time to load or if it's the app itself. I have not paid for mine yet, since I'm debating on whether to update to 4.1 and lose jailbreak or to wait. I have a serious porblem with the proximity sensor.

Thanks
    AE

3. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

4. BigKyle thread starter macrumors member

5. Norcalchavo macrumors regular

I was running 4.99 with no lag and now I'm running 5.0 b2 and also have no lag.

6. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

How do you get version 5? I'm on 4.99 and cydia says there is no updates? Is there a beta repo?

7. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA