Bitesms

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Globug, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Globug macrumors 6502

Globug

so i installed it.. played with it, and it didn't "wow" me. regular sms works fine for me, unless there's some aspect of bitesms i haven't found.

Could you guys please tell me what "wow" features it has that you use it for over regular sms.

Thanks!

2. skoundrel macrumors newbie

I personally like it when you get a text while your phone is on standby/locked. With regular messenger, you have to click open then wait for it to load then start typing.

With BiteSMS, you can reply right from the lockscreen, reply and it automatically closes and goes back to the lockscreen then standby. So yeah, I like it basically for being able to reply quicker and not have to wait for messenger to open.

Also has timestamps for every text (possible on iMessage with a Cydia tweak)

3. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Also you can compose a message from the lockscreen instead of unlocking phone, opening messaging app then having to close messaging app and locking phone again...

I usually use Activator instead of the volume button for quick compose. I just swipe left on status bar. Definitely worth every penny to me:D

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Basically what everyone has said except its not so much the lockscreen ability that I love. It's the fact that not only do not have to unlock my device to send a new text or reply, but that I can do it from within any app anywhere. Playing a game and want to send a text? No problem! I LOVE being able to text people while I'm still inside an app. That's the main reason I use bite. But I also like the perfect unison it has with Lockinfo and I also like the privacy settings. I like that it shows the texter's name but not the content. You can also hide the senders name too. Bite is always my most missed cydia program when I'm stock. I hate having to exit a game or app just to text. Plus if it's a game, it's even worse when I have to start the level over again because I exited to my springboard!

5. Globug, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012

Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

i think i would be more interested in the time stamp option on regular sms. i noticed it on bitesms and it was yay. Could you please give me a link to that?

EDIT: i found xmesseges. Is that what you were talking about?

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

7. Wide opeN, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012

Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

Yep, when I'm stock and don't have Bite, I want to take a running leap out of a high window... lol

Too, don't forget about signature, maybe minor to some but it's yet another feature Apple thinks isn't good for us.

Love my signature, especially when I'm replying to those I know have stock iPhones, what's crazy, is they never pick up on the signature as it's so NATURAL to have from most phones!!!

Stock Messaging = No Thanks!!!

8. skoundrel macrumors newbie

Nah, theres a Tweak on Cydia called "SMS timestamps"

9. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

sbsettings and bitesms are the main reasons I jailbreak.... For me its being able to compose a text or reply to a text without ever going into the sms app..... It's so annoying to have to quit whatever app you are working with and open the messages app everytime you get a text... Or have to unlock your phone and go into the messages app. Bitesms is awesome in my opinion.

10. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

For me, quick compose (with Activator) and quick reply from anywhere are really big. From the lockscreen, from Notification Center, within apps, from the homescreen, etc. Saves quite a bit of time.

I also really like the fact that BiteSMS incorporates contact pics in everything. It adds a nice personal touch to the texting interface.

I'm also a big fan of the forwarding option. I end relaying information between people often, so being able to quickly forward a text is really useful.

Lastly, I might be one of few people that actually uses this, but I really like being able to schedule text messages. It's a way for me to schedule reminders (or just regular messages) for other people in advance. That way I don't have to remind myself to remind someone to do something. :cool:

11. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Lockscreen Reply
    Timestamps
    Schedule SMS
    Open to SMS list (if you have ever wanted to keep an SMS marked as unread and had the stupid ass Messages app jump right to that one when you opened the app, you understand how cool this is)
    Signature
    Contact pics
    Status Bar Icon

I don't know how someone could think biteSMS isn't a SIGNIFICANT improvement over the stock app.

----------

Right there with ya.. :)

12. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

oooh I forgot about this, This is huge for me as well.. I haven't forgotten a birthday ever since I started using bitesms ;) Just schedule happy birthday text messages all over... set it and forget it!

13. imDanielWood macrumors member

So what do you guys actual do with the stock messages app? Just hide it using springtomize and forget it? Poor thing... :'(

14. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

BiteSMS offers an option to "hide" the useless, worthless stock SMS app.

15. imDanielWood macrumors member

I'm now proud user of biteSMS. I didn't see the big deal in it at first, now I have it I see that the quick reply/compose is really a must have, I'm just ashamed I didn't get it sooner...