iPhone biteSMS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stunter2b, Jan 16, 2015.

1. stunter2b macrumors member

stunter2b

Okay just got my iphone 6plus tonight and done my JB flawless and now first cydia app I want to install is biteSMS and seems I can't with iphone 6plus ios 8.1.2

I'm I missing something here??? someone please help this app is by far one of my fav and must have app...

Next is springtomize

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Single biggest reason I am still on iOS 7.1.2 on my iPhone 5.

I was all ready to update and jailbreak and then I read that thread.

Lose BiteSMS? No way. It's easily the most used tweak I have.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Like said above sadly bitesms is pretty much dead.
    There hasn't been any updates for a long long time and I don't see any coming for ios 8.
    Easily my most helpful and useful hack for many years.
    RIP BiteSMS...

4. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

Isn't there some other quick reply Cydia app that was popular on iOS 7 ans being updated eventually for iOS 8 ? I keep forgetting the name ? Au something ?

5. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I think you're talking about auki. But a better one is called Messages by Ma Jun. and it's the process of being updated.

6. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

Ok thanks. Any riugh idea when these might be ready ?

7. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

Funny, I am also running 7.1.2 on my iPhone 5. When I was forced to update to IOS 8 due to an unrecoverable boot loop, it was pretty brutal not having BiteSMS for 3 weeks. I couldn't take it any more and went and bought another iPhone 5 on 7.1.2, and will run that until there is a reasonable alternative. I'm eligible to upgrade to iPhone 6 in Feb, but won't do it unless the situation improves dramatically.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I was actually on iOS 6.1 until August 2014. I had the 7.6.8 Beta of BiteSMS which gave you (the only version that did) the Chat Heads in your NC.

Unfortunately, my iPhone 5 had a battery issue that caused it to swell and was pushing the LCD out of the case. So, Apple replaced it with a new iPhone 5 with 7.1.2.

Jailbreaking has allowed me not to destroy my phone because of iOS 7 and iOS 7 and I have reached somewhat of a truce because I can theme all this rainbow color crap away. However, if there ever was a miracle to happen that had Apple signing iOS 6 again I'd dump this lousy iOS version so fast my iPhone wouldn't know what hit it.

I can't go up because I lose BiteSMS and I can't go down because Apple won't let me. At least I can keep the unicorn puke at bay though.