Bitlocker + Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ab2013, Apr 22, 2015.

1. ab2013 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I installed Windows 8.1 Pro with Bitlocker enabled on a Macbook Air and I can no longer boot onto OS X. Clicking "option" on the white screen when the Mac chimes only shows the OS X Recovery Drive and the Windows 8.1 partition. When I'm on Windows and I open Boot Camp, I see 3 partitions: the OS X Recovery, Windows 8.1, and the OS X 10.10 partition. Only, the OS X 10.10 partition is identified as a Windows drive, despite retaining its HFS format. I can view the files in the OS X 10.10 partition on Windows - how can I recover it and boot into OS X again?

Thanks!

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Try a PRAM/SMC reset, and if that doesn't work, boot into Recovery and open Disk Utility from there. If the OS X partition is visible there, select it and repair disk from there.

3. ab2013 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to do a PRAM reset, but the Recovery drive cannot see the OS X partition, which sounds like really bad news.

4. ab2013 thread starter macrumors member

Ok bad news. I did the PRAM reset and now it no longer boots to Win 8.1. It goes into OS X utilities (boots into the recovery disk). When I pull up disk utilities, it shows a Recovery Disk partition, a MSDOS 60 GB partition (which should be my OS X partition), a MSDOS 190 GB partition (my 8.1 partition), and another portion that's about 300 MB in size. Now I'm freaking out! I need to recover the 190 GB partition!! It sounds like the boot table might be corrupted... What should I do?