Bitlocker?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mastermind6192, Mar 25, 2010.

1. mastermind6192 macrumors member

mastermind6192

I have Bootcamp installed with Windows 7 installed on my MBP, and I was wondering if I turn on Bitlocker it either won't work, or screw up my mac partition.So does bitlocker work with bootcamp?

2. mastermind6192 thread starter macrumors member

mastermind6192

Called Microsoft

After getting transfered from apple to Microsoft support, i finally found an answer. They say it won't mess with the Macintosh partition and it would work fine.That was half an hour well spent:)

3. conr2286 macrumors newbie

Where is BitLocker storing the key?

Where is BitLocker storing the key: On a USB ThumbDriver, some other drive/partition, or in a TPM chip within the laptop?

4. mastermind6192 thread starter macrumors member

mastermind6192

5. jnhhnt macrumors newbie

Calling Microsoft...

I was wondering who at Microsoft you talked to. As I have run into this as well :D.

6. canadameds2010 macrumors newbie

Bitlocker

BitLocker Drive Encryption is a abounding deejay encryption affection included with the Ultimate and Enterprise editions of Microsoft's Windows Vista and Windows 7 desktop operating systems, as able-bodied as the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 server platforms. It is advised to assure abstracts by accouterment encryption for absolute volumes.

BitLocker is accessible alone in the Enterprise and Ultimate editions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.The most recent adaptation of Bitlocker, included in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, adds the adeptness to encrypt disposable drives.