Bitten The Bullet, need speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by treefidi, Feb 6, 2014.

1. treefidi macrumors newbie

Dec 3, 2009
    Hi All,

Have just ordered the nmp through Cabots Circus business (Got a 10% discount that way) and have a couple of questions.

I am a professional editor (Actually run my own events filming business so also Director, Producer, Sound engineer and camera man!) and am wanting to get a decent, but not too expensive set of monitor speakers. I used to edit with my sennheisser 650's but after 20 years of dong this have given myself tinnitus so now use speakers. (At a much quieter volume, be warned!). Can anyone recommend any?

Also, I would like to get a new 27" Monitor, doesn't have to be 4k but with a resolution of the Mac Monitor or above. I will be using my old 2011 imac as a second monitor so it will need to be thunderbolt capable.

Thanks for any advice...
  2. Marty62 macrumors 6502

Mar 11, 2010
    Berlin formerly London

It's a very personal pref thing to many people but for what it's worth I am
    really happy with my set of Adam A7X monitors.
    ( also depends on your budget, Adam's are around £900 a pair UK)
    My profession is song writing and production, and I've been a pro session musician
    and programmer for many years.

I also have an older set of Genelec's 2029's plus the sub and some NS10's.

The Adam's are very neutral and easy to work on for hours at a time.

Power amps built in and have a master volume on the front.

3. td2243, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014

td2243 macrumors 6502

Mar 14, 2013
    Santa Fe, NM
    I'm getting a pair of Yamaha Hs8's very soon. They are very flat monitors (to my novice ears) that will work well for songwriting and film sound mixing.
  4. SR-71 macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2012
  5. jakesaunders27 macrumors 6502a

Jan 23, 2012
    United Kingdom
    another +1 for the adams amazing monitors they also do a slightly cheaper model called the f series F5, F7 but the A3X, A5X, A7X are amazing!