Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Ever since I first got my MacBook I havn't been able to get above 2 kB/s on Azureus, not a biggie because all I needed was my diggnation episodes so I just used the dirrect http downloads, but then I wanted to download an episode on my PC and I decided to try the torrent version. To my surprise it downloaded at speeds over 40 kB/s. I use Azureus on both Mac and PC and I thought I had the settings the same. Any suggestions?

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
I've noticed this a lot too. At first I thought that my PC was doing automatic configuration of my router, but after checking the port forwarding they are all set right.

I have no idea why this is, but I now use Windows to download with BitTorrent.

wyatt23

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2006
Forest Hills, NY
try transmission on mac. i love azuereus on PC but on mac i find it clunky.

also, i'm heard alot of bad things about using port 6881 [pretty sure that's default]. supposedly you can be blacklisted on you ISP. so be careful of that.

i set my pc using azereus and my macs using transmission each using a a different port, set my router up for port forwarding, and i download at around 200kbps on all computers.

note: are you behind a router?

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Ok thanks! Ill try transmition. Is there a way to encrypt my B-torrent traffic? Also what port do you suggest (im behind a standard linksys router)

edit: im smart and relised i could look up my PC's port that it uses so ill just use that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.