BitTorrent Error Message

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sdubois92, Aug 10, 2007.

1. sdubois92 macrumors member

I'm running BitTorrent v.4.27.2 and most of them time when i download something, I get an error message that says

00:21:57: Error: Torrent got exception: BTL.BTFailure
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BTL/yielddefer.pyo", line 85, in _recall
    File "BitTorrent/StorageWrapper.pyo", line 657, in _write
    File "BTL/defer.pyo", line 57, in getResult
    File "twisted/python/failure.pyo", line 258, in raiseException
    BTFailure: Short read (258712 of 262144) - something truncated files?

Then I have to close the error window and unpause the individual torrent. This is very annoying and I would like to not have to deal with it. I would rather use Transmission but I was having upload problems with OiNK.cd so i was forced to use the regular BitTorrent client. I hate every other torrent client on the mac so I am holding out for uTorrent to come out soon.

2. Rackscreams macrumors newbie

Rackscreams

Hey,

This is no help to you but I've had that error message also with BT. I basically dismissed it and tried another torrent and Since I'm not sure how to fix it. sdubois92, have you ever had the problem of not being able to shut down or close out BT? Often when I try I get a error message that says the client is in use and can't be shut down? Which is strange when it isn't in use.
    :apple:

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Don't use Bittorrent. If you want a good torrent application use Transmission, Xtorrent or Azureus.

4. Rackscreams macrumors newbie

Rackscreams

Cromulent, Yes, I think Transmission is a good idea. BT kinda boggs down things. To uninstall BT do I just drag the application to the trash along with the preferences?

Thanks

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Yep that is the easy way. If you are anal about keeping your computer clean (I know I am) then you can spotlight for the name of the application and delete any .plist and other assorted files and folders that applications install. But it is not required and won't do your computer any harm if you don't.

6. Rackscreams macrumors newbie

Rackscreams

Thanks, Cromulent. I'm gonna give Transmission a try soon.

see ya.