bizarre apple support forums - works til i log in then says server error

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by madeirabhoy, Sep 29, 2015.

1. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

ive tried to log into apple support forums to ask a question about my imac as the screen is going black (see my other thread).

when i google the support forums, it comes up fine. i can see the forums, can see the posts. the minute i log into it though, the whole forum is gone. every page says apple server error. its been like this for days (ive never used it before).

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Clear you browser cache! If it still happens (if you go staight to Apple Support Here) or maybe someone hacked your iCloud account! So see if you can log onto Apple Support's Apple - My Apple ID and and change your password to a better one!

3. madeirabhoy, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

the minute i login using that link i get

Looking for something in Apple Support Communities?
    The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly.

Please visit the main page of Apple Support Communities for links to discussion areas.

and any link give me that until i leave it for a while and it logs me out.

Its not my cache as it does it on both my work pc and my home mac. i can log in on my apple id and ive seen no sign of anything being hacked.

4. chscag macrumors 68000

Their forums have been acting strange for awhile. Supposedly, the way to log on is with your Apple ID and password but doing it that way will give the error that you experienced. I was finally able to log on using my old username and password that I created years ago. It would not accept my current Apple ID and password.

Try logging on as a new user but create a different username and password to see what happens.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Why? Where are you and what ISP are you using? Did you check My Apple ID to see if you can get into there? What browsers are you using?

6. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

my apple id logs in fine as does my itunes and everything else. but the minute ive logged in using that the forums dissappear.

its two different (portuguese) ISPS. at home im on NOS but at work its ONI. at home its safari on 10.10 but at work its internet explorer on windows 7

7. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

That is strange! I can log into it on my iPad at to different locations (home & coffee shop) here in Upstate New York State in the semi rual Finder Lakes Region! So maybe the Spanish part is playing a part, so are you using Spanish as first on OS X or English on your Mac?

8. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

its portugal but all my settings are in english. haven't thought of trying it on my iPad though.... will check

9. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

weird, i tried on my iPad, still the same. can't even see the forum when logged in, any googling for threads, any way of getting to it and i get the same error.

i have previously used my portuguese login on the support forums, not often and maybe a year or two ago

i logged in using my wifes uk login which has never been used before, chose a username and it all works fine.

i guess now i can use my wife's login to make a post about not being able to use my login.

10. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Sounds like a bug in either your language selection, or maybe a unknown malware. So a free way to scan your system is Malwarebytes. Use it to make sure you didn't get one surfing bad sites or cracked software.

The other thing is you need to find someone else around you see if they can log into Apple Discussions using Portuguese. If you can't then App,e has a proble that you need to follow up with an bug report.