Bizarre Chick At Work

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by maestro55, Nov 6, 2007.

1. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

So I thought that I would get the official MacRumors opinions on this bizarre chick that I work with at the local Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is full of bizarre people and poor business practices (I work there for a pay check while I go to school, but hopefully not for much longer) and also there is this cashier who I feel may be suffering from some kind of phycological disorder.

I met this cashier shortly after I was transferred to a different store and a bit after I started talking to her she seemed to get rather infatuated with me, she was making every effort to talk to me but not like co-workers chatting or even friends but rather she was acting as if there was some imaginary relationship. She was telling me how much she loved me and calling me "babe" and talking about cooking me dinner. This is way beyond the usual flirting. I quickly found out I wasn't the only guy she had attached herself to. At first I thought maybe she was looking for a father for her two kids (a task that I certainly am not interested in, and certainly not with her... I don't care how attractive she may be) but I found out she has been dating some guy (or so she claims) for over a year. Now call me crazy but this chick is either not able to be friends with guys without acting like a giddy schoolgirl or there is something else wrong.

So I got lucky and she left for awhile but she has returned to working at the store, and like before she went right back to her same old self. It either pisses her off because I made it clear I honestly wouldn't be interested in her anyhow or she needs to seek professional help.

Not that anyone here cares, but it was a very strange story and thought there might be some of you who would get a kick out of it, or maybe someone could explain just what her problem is. Has anyone seen the movie "Black Snake Moan"? Perhaps her problem is she is constantly needing sex. Thought interesting enough, not that I would want to sleep with her, but she has never brought sex into the equation. Very odd indeed.

2. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

You don't know what sport is until you've gone fishing in the crazy pool.

3. John Jacob macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

That's the price you pay...

That's the price you pay, my friend; for living in Wacko, Texas. :D

Just kidding...

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Don't worry. Sometime soon, either you'll decide to get out, or they'll decide you aren't worth $8 an hour anymore and cut your work week until you leave.

5. maestro55 thread starter macrumors 68030

maestro55

Waco is indeed pretty Wacko, I grew up in a small town just south of here and now living in Waco city limits. I can't wait till I finish school as I have plans to move out of this area.

Very true, I have been with the company for over a year and even then there isn't any job security. It would suck though if I got fired. I am always looking though for a place that pays more than what I am making there. And a place that doesn't have strange cashiers who call me on my register while I am with customers, we are supposed to answer our phone just incase is management or something so I just have to hang up when she calls and it is a waste of time to be playing her games. I told my CSMs but they really didn't seem to care that she was annoying to hell out of me.

6. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Just do her, it'll be ok. You worry too much.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Make sure you use protection though :p freaky chick might have something

8. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

Sounds like you need to work with the public more to appreciate how stable and personable she is ;)

9. Vster macrumors 6502

OMG awesome...and super excellent advice.

10. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

I suppose you thought 'crazy' people can't use a computer, huh?! Well you're so so so so very wrong!!!!!!

I HATE YOU!!!!!

I let you get lucky with me! Three times!!!!!!!!!!!

You said you loved me!!!!!

11. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-maestro55

Smile, back away slowly, don't make any sudden moves, don't wear red, keep your hands at your sides, and don't make eye contact while you are doing all of this.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Question 1: Does she bite?

Question 2: Do you like that sort of thing?

13. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

14. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Or you'll end up looking after kid #3...

15. maestro55 thread starter macrumors 68030

maestro55

She is attractive, but I work with other cashiers who are way more attractive. Which brings me to one of the reasons she gets on my nerves, I was off work and checking out trying to talk with one of the new cashiers and freaky chick came and started trying to steal my attention. For a chick who isn't seriously interested in me she sure doesn't want me even talking to other chicks, this wasn't the first time she either came to interrupt or has acted as if I hurt her feelings talking to another chick. I obviously don't listen to a word she says because she isn't sincere

16. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

See you didn't say that. When she becomes a cockblock, THAT's when it becomes a problem.

17. ToddW macrumors 6502a

I concur do her several times then find another job somewhere else. freaky chicks are some of the best to get in the sack with. everyone should experience one in their lifetime. :D

18. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Doing a crazy girl would be ace.

19. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Can't you just give her a big yellow button to stick on her vest that says "Caution! Watch For Falling Seratonin Levels!"

20. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

Actually, not. Mostly, they just stare at you, hoping you'll love them more afterward.

Rebellious girls with sordid family histories are much more fun.

21. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

to many crazy chick at my school...i know how u feel.

22. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

The women has "Jezebel Syndrome" (it's called lots of other things as well).

Because of the sexual nature of our society and the way in which some women are brought up, they learn to conflate sexual desirability with self-worth. She may not be aware of it but she *needs* men to want to have sex with her, in order to feel good about herself.

A big clue is the fact that she seems to be young but already has two kids. She also has a full time boyfriend but is almost proposing to you (and probably others), at the same time.

Likely the very fact that you told her you were not interested only made her want to prove to herself that you actually *do* desire her even more. She must now prove that you want to have sex with her. :eek:

These women are like fly-paper in my (personal) experience. If you let your guard down for a second and let your urges get the best of you, you will probably regret it for a long, long, long time.

23. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

Probably great advice, but at the same time it would make a great story for the rest of us. I say you take one for the team and do her and then write a blog about the whole thing.

24. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Ha ha, awesome. That reminds me of the 'NAMBLA' episode of South Park...

25. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

Well, I'd be real careful. She might be a company plant, trying to find out if you're involved in union organizing activity, or something equally as heinous. :eek: (eyes dart around room,,, looks to make sure no one is watching..)