Bizarre Double/Tripple Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dissdnt, Jul 28, 2010.

1. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I just noticed some weird contact problems today that came out of no where.

I have mobileme, and I sync like usual. All of a sudden i'm seeing 2x 3x of the same contact, some contacts COMBINED into one which is super bizarre.

Anyone experience this?

2. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

when you synced in iTunes, under info tab, did you put a check mark on the contacts? if so, unchecked them, you don't need to check them if you are syncing on mobileme. as soon as you unchecked and sync. go to your iphone settings under mail and under mobile me turn the contacts off and then back on again and it should only show 1 contacts.

3. dissdnt thread starter macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Yep that was never clicked.

Anyway NO clue what happened. And this is what I had to do to fix it.

I had to turn off mobile me syncing with the address book first.
    Then go into mobile me, delete all the contacts.
    Then go into time machine backup, find a back up from a few weeks ago that was fine, restore that database.
    Then go back into mobile me, reset sync, force to overwrite from computer to mobile me.
    Turn address book syncing back on my phone.
    Bamo, done.

What's wacked is that even when i said overwrite data on mobile me with computer it was still messed up with doubles and triples. The only thing that worked was deleting it all off mobile me.

Who knows.

I'm in the Calendar beta program, might have something to do with it although it shouldn't.